GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Temp/Compass in Mirror?

2004 Chevy Silverado. I have recently lost the temp and compass display on my mirror. Any ideas on what I might need to look for in order to get this operational again? I know that it is a minor issue but I kinda got use to looking up there and now there is nothing to look at. Thanks.
    HDBat3:fighting0037:

Jr. Engineer

It probably the power button on the mirror i think it has a o on it. It not the on star dot if you have on star.

Default same deal

03 silverado and I got used to having that little display and it began to work only intermittently then finally quit all together. I took a plastic cover off of a small enclosure attached to the windshield and found a small circuit board. I unplugged and cleaned connections and replaced all parts. The airbag indicator is still working and the auto dim feature is functional. There is NOTHING on the interwebs about this problem. Any ideas appreciated. Next is just a new truck.

Bumping this post. I have the exact same problem on my 03 Silverado. It started working intermittenly and then went out completely. I will try cleaning the connections as suggested above, but would greatly appreciatge any other suggestions. I will post the results after I have cleaned the connections.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

mine did that real intermitent in the cold one day (back in minnesota) but aint done it since. though, now that i think of it, that may of been in the 03. huh.

if it was the current truck, it hasnt been an issue since. i would guess its a connection issue, but thats me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

i have the same issue with my 03...it always worked then started working off and on and now it dont work at all...any suggestions??...now my service air bag soon light is on and stays on

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Ok, you revived an old thread..but....see if this helps...this is from another forum that is full of auto repair geeks:

"Some owners may comment of a SIR MIL and if equipped the temperature/compass display on the inside rearview mirror is inoperative. This concern may be caused by the 15 Amp Air Bag Fuse open. Reports from the field have shown in some cases circuit 1139 Yellow may be shorted to ground at the Left I/P Junction Block mounting bracket as shown below."

Recommendation/Instructions:
    To correct the concern repair the wiring as necessary and insulate harness and mounting bracket with foam tape to prevent a reoccurrences

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1992370.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	35881

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Oh and I have seen some people pull the air bag fuse and it goes away also....

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Oh and I have seen some people pull the air bag fuse and it goes away also....
    It'd also go away if they played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded M1911. Cheeeez, unplugging the airbags?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    It'd also go away if they played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded M1911. Cheeeez, unplugging the airbags?
    I said the fuse....not the air bags themselves.

Totally different things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast