GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Heated seats

Default Heated seats

2004 Chevy Silverado. This is a problem I started back during winter. The drivers heated seat will not stay on. When I turn it on it kicks back off after about 2 - 3 seconds. If the passenger has their seat on by itself their seat will stay on, but as soon as I turn on the drivers seat it cuts both of the seats off. Any ideas??? I figured it was a good time to get this fixed before the next winter if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks.
    HDBat3:fighting0037:

There are electrical connectors and wires under the seat.

What you can do is get a mirror and flashlight and look up under the seat for any loose connectors or wires.

Other than that, you would need a GM factory service manual set (which would have wiring diagrams) for your year/model vehicle and know how to use a multimeter to troubleshoot electrical problems. This system has a heat sensor in the seat, an electronic module in the seat, and communicates with other electronic modules in the vehicle over a computer local area network.

If other functions on the seat work and this is the only problem, then I would guess it would be a problem with a heat sensor in the seat. Maybe a loose connection to the sensor. Or another loose connector. An animal may have crawled under there and chewed a wire (puppy)? Or maybe someone shoved something under the seat and knocked a wire loose? Etc.
    92 GMC Sierra 2500