GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Factory & Extedend Warranty vs. Levelling Kit?

For those who have the levelling kit or those who work within warranty claims, what will adding a Skyjacker 2.5" levelling kit do to my factory and extedned warranty?

I don't want to void any part of it if at all possible.

Thanks!
    Dale

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 Z71; Ready-Lift 2.25" Level Kit, Custom hard-wired Valentine V-1, Garmin GPS and iPod kit,

Quote Originally Posted by RllyDrvr9 View Post
    For those who have the levelling kit or those who work within warranty claims, what will adding a Skyjacker 2.5" levelling kit do to my factory and extedned warranty?

I don't want to void any part of it if at all possible.

Thanks!
    From what I've seen the factory warranty depends on the dealership. Some dealerships don't care as long as the kit doesn't have anything to do with your problem. Aftermarket warranty companies look for any modifications and if they fine one they void your warranty immediately.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

the leveling kit WILL NOT void the warranty, these dealerships like to convice people that they will, even if u add a suspension lift it wont void the warranty, only way it would void it is if if caused a problem on the truck, the dealership as to prove that the leveling kit or lift u added caused that problem, if they give u any problems bring up the Magnuson -Moss Warranty Act. i had asked the same question and i was told about the act i just stated, look it up on google its very useful when i dealership trys and bully u around.
    I own a 2007 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (new body style). my truck is Red and has the 4.8, basically stock but i got big plans.

It really does depen on how hard***** you dealer is going to be. My dealer didn't like the idea so I waited and put it on later and they have never mentioned it. One of the mechanics told me as long as it doesn't CAUSE a problem there would be no reason for it to come up. The previous post is absolutely correct though, if you had a problem....the law is on your side.
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have had both sides of this coin in my situation, the truck in my signature has been like since 6 months after I bought it new. 8,000 miles after I had the truck the rear end blew out, It was towed to the dealer to be fixed under the warranty. They never said a word to me about any of the lights on the rollbar, when they put it up on the lift they saw the underbody lights and never said nothing about that either.

On my last Silverado I bought it already lifted with a ton of stuff done to it, that truck had a rider warranty that was on top of the extended warranty that covered the lift kit components. I had a ton of lights on it too, but I asked them before hand how they felt about off-road lights. He said as long as I didn't splice any wires I was fine, so after I wired everything up I took it out to the dealer and showed them exactly how I ran the wires and hookups. They were fine with it because I made up my own harness that was isolated from the rest of the electrical, I never tapped into the fuse box which is why.

On my current truck I just got which is also a Silverado, the dealer is ungodly strict you can't even put aftermarket wheels on it without them voiding stuff. Now I know everyone stands by that Magnuson Act, but I have yet to hear one person who has actually got that to work for them it's all her say. My honest opinion is you are at the mercy of the dealer no matter what, they have no obligation to follow anything. I am sure you could pursue it legally, but seriously who has the money to do that.

The best thing for you to do is go talk to the dealer, put out a couple of feelers about a leveling kit and see what he says. I would guess they would not cover worn ball joints, pitman arms or possibly even hubs or bearings. So If that doesn't bother you to have to pick up the cost, then go ahead and do it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

I will talk to teh dealer's service folks and get their fell.

Cheers!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

I will talk to the dealer's service folks and get their feel.

Cheers!