GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Some problems and questions with my 87 Burb...

Ok guys, I'm beginning to get more and more involved with my truck. I currently use it to tow my 8.5x16x7 enclosed trailer and I've installed air shocks on it to help the ride. My question is, I found these bbk underdrive pullies http://www.autoanything.com/pulleys/...0A2611340.aspx and I want to get some feedback on how well our L05 motors respond to these. This would be a great upgrade for towing right? Also, my window switches don't work anymore and the motors in them are also going out and I want to do away with them by just getting the whole manual setup from a junk yard and convert it to manual. Is this an easy one Saturday project? Any special tools needed or just the basic garage tools?

Basic hand tools is all you need, "except the window crank snap ring tool" for removal of the crank on the manual vehicle. If you have a long 8" or so thin flat blade screwdriver you can get by with this. Your 1st time will take 2 hours (guessing) not a hard job. You get to know your vehicle a little better. Clean & grease the manual gear and track before assembly. I think this info is in the manuals if you have one. I would take apart the manual door first and look at the components to see if they are worn. Good Luck.........!

Ok thanks. Any info on the pulley set?

So you are towing a trailer and slowing down your water pump? Sound like a recipe for disaster?

Unless you are towing the trailer a 1/4 mile at a time I would leave this mod to the racers. There are plenty of better options for increasing mileage and power.
    1998 K-2500 Suburban
    454 w/ 4L80E
    Suspension Maxx T-Bar Keys Gibson Cat Back K&N Intake
    Mag-Hytec trans pan and diff cover Hypertech Programmer
    MSD 6A, Blaster Coil & Wires Roadmaster Active Suspension
    Hummer H2 wheels w/ BFG All Terrrain T/A KO

Good point. I failed 2 realize this but even a underdrive crank pulley would have a negative affect?