GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default black bare vs trinity. i know guys haha need some help

ok guys i got the trinty and love it but i want the shift to be more smother and i believe thers some more power under the hood. ive got a k&n air charger, air aid tb spacer, 3 inch y puipe back to a cherry bomb xtreme dumped over the rear end. the truck ran a 15.9 at bristol drag way, i had it in drive and just the traction controll turned off. all the way through 1st is was kickin the traction controll and shuttin off the power. that before i knew u could hold it down and the stabilty controll would turn off. it and 20s and 33s that weighed a ton now i have 35s and 17s. the truck with bark second gear evertime if u shift it around 6 grand in manual mode. what do i need to do to make it run better or any tweeks i can do on the trinity or do i need a new tuner.

-2011 silverado 1500-
    -diablo trinity
    -k&n cold air
    -air aid tb spacer
    -full 3 inch y pipe back no resanotor
    -cherry bomb xtreme dumped
    -ready lift sst 4 inch lift
    -305/55/20 nitto trial graps
    -20x10 fuel hostages
    -2012 jeep wrangler-
    -smittybilt stinger src bumper
    -smittybilt src rock sliders
    -smitty bilt xrc 8000comp whinch
    -285/70/17 cooper discovery stt
    -1.5 wheel spacers
    -delta xenon cross bar head lights
    -2007 silverado 1500 sold-
    -warn 7 in hid fog ligths

not sure what motor/tranny you have in that truck since it's not mentioned anywhere, but if you have a 6 speed tranny (non-allison), diablo just released a tcm/tranny support update for the Trinity that will allow you to make some tcm/tranny adjustments... they are working on the tcm/tranny update for the 4-speed trannies next...

have you done any data logging to see where your fueling is at and make adjustments to get it reigned in??

and you could also get a custom tune done for your truck/trinity that will gain you more hp/tq, even better/quicker throttle response and acceleration, stronger/harder pull, etc. and usually even a little better mileage once things get dialed in....
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-18-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

its a 5.3 flex fuel truck with the 6 speed. i got my chip in march has it been updated since and if so do i need to return the truck to stock then update the trinity. on my other truck its just a 4.8 but im runnnin a hypertec and ive never really had to mess with any of teh settins but on my white truck i wanna see what i can get out of it before i ad the cam and whipple. kooks headers and y pipe is next to the list that goin on cause that still just makes the truck a bolt on only.

Get a custom tune from diablewtune.com for your Trinity via e-mail. I think Lew charges $125 for a custom tune.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

The TB Spacer does nothing. Throw on some long-tube headers and get a custom tune from 06MonteSS; it will awaken your truck.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

06MonteSS is diablewtune.com.

few of my buddies get a place called blue cat to do a custom dyno tune. i thought about that there bad to the bone, but i was gona do that after the whipple, cam, and headers. i just want it all bolt on so i know what it runs then go all out. i gotta do a stall, shift kit, and re gear it too when i do the whipple