GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2003 Astro - Electric Brake module

My guy just told me that my "electronic brake module" need to be replaced. Compliant was brake & ABS lights lit on dash. Told that the price is around $800 - maybe $100 if the computer doesn't need to be re-programmed. Anyone have any idea what that part number is? Is this a hard repair if I can get my hands on the part? I'm willing to pay for the re-program if that's required. Does this sound like a reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by bgbird View Post
    My guy just told me that my "electronic brake module" need to be replaced. Compliant was brake & ABS lights lit on dash. Told that the price is around $800 - maybe $100 if the computer doesn't need to be re-programmed. Anyone have any idea what that part number is? Is this a hard repair if I can get my hands on the part? I'm willing to pay for the re-program if that's required. Does this sound like a reasonable price?
    Is "your guy" a qualified tech? I would get a second opinion. Many times the module can be repaired with a reprogram. Call the dealer and get a price. If you buy it and installi it will still need to be programmed.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

I forgot to ask what the trouble code is??
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Default ASTRO 2003 EBCM Ground?

Codes were C0222 & C0265

I'm looking for the ground thats mentioned often in repairing this situation. I looked at the chassis for any attached wires (under the drivers door and elsewhere). I can only find a ground mounted near the battery, as well as 1 mounted on the firewall brace driverside and 1 again mounted on the firewall brace. Under the car on the driverside there some sort of a mechanical device (don't know what this is) - looks like some sort of a motor (many wires with plugins). I can't see anything attached to the chassis without some disassembly.

Anyone who has a manual - does it show where any other ground points may be?

The EBCM ground is on the left rear of the engine block next to the knock sensor.

I'll tell you, the Factory Service Manual sets will have pages and pages of troubleshooting instructions for things like this. This includes pictures of where things like the above are located.

A 99 set I have has 4 books and 6000 pages total! So in other words, you would be best to order your own set. Then you will have the pictures along with all the troubleshooting instructions.
    92 GMC Sierra 2500