GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Performance chips

I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING THIS FOR MY SILVERADO, JUST CURIOUS OF WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OR HEARD ABOUT IT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perfo...Q5fAccessories
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Replaced 4WD 4L60E Transmission
    Spectre Cold Air Intake
    Brush Guard with PIAA Fog Lights
    305/45r/22 Mastercrafts wrapped around 22in Akuza's
    Moon Visor
    Tinted all around
    Tonneua Cover
    Line Of Fire Brake Bar
    HID Lights 10k
    Billit Grill
    Angel Eye Projector Headlights and Bumpers Lights
    Custom Audio System; head unit, subs, amp, speakers 3000+watts

MY LUG NUTS REQUIRE MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR RICER MAKES

being it is 1/10 the cost of any other chip, may say something. Its not a selectable unit. On one hand if it sucks you wasted 25.00 but it has a money back gaurantee. If it fails and destroys the truck your out much more than that. If it works you made a nice upgrade for only 25 bucks. You may also want to check to see if the business is part of the BBB. Might also do a internet search might give some reviews. Just my .02
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Performance Chips like that are snake oil. All that is in there is a ten cent resistor to trick the IAT sensor to think that there's cooler air going into the intake then there really is.
    This can cause problems depending on how much of a temperature difference there is and is not the proper way to tune. There is a table in your truck's computer which monitors Intake Air Temperatures and adjusts timing accordingly. This is put in place to safe guard your truck from knock which reduces performance and damages the engine.

The right way to get have a performance chip, is to have a knowledgeable tuner tune your truck or get a hand held tuner such as a Diablo Sport among others.

The best part of a hand held tuner, is you can adjust parameters as your mods increase, along with getting custom tunes done by diablo sport. Any hand held tuner purchased from us you'll get support from us on how to fine tune the hand held tune to your truck/car.

Blog Entries

jesus christ

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

I would never put this kind of device on my truck, the price says it all to me, I would be really worried to mess up my truck, do it the right way with headers, filter, a good tune, stuff like that but no cheap chip.
    Last edited by Breathtaker; 07-17-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Don"t do it.
    1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 210K miles:
    350 Vortec/4L60E, 3.42 posi, Underdrive crank pulley, K&N filter, Superchips power programmer, mallory coil, true dual exhaust, torque swirl TB spacer, and more!

1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA- L98 Superram
    1992 Subaru SVX LS-L- Way too many mods to list!

it screams gimmick
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris