GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Question thinkin about gettin programmer...any sugestions?

i've been lookin at programmers and don't kno much about them. i have an 08 chevy single cab 4x4 wit the 4.8 liter. any sugestions?

Blog Entries

custom tune will benefit you much more.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

around my area there isn't to many options on auto performance. what kind of place would i need to take it to get it done? how much does that usually run? and will it mess up my warranty?

if you dont know anything about it, go custom. if you like to play around with stuff, learn things on your own, go woth diablo predator. do not go for superchips
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

If you don't have any well known reputable shops in your area go with a Diablo Sport Predator.
    Since the tune is only as good as the tuner who does it. The Diablo Sport guys will also help you come up with a custom tune for your truck after you run a log and submit it to them.

We carry them so PM me for a price and also if you purchase it from us I'll help you with making any changes that need to be done.
    -Devin
    Late Model GM Tuner/Owner Whiplash Intense Performance
    If intense Performance looks is what you are looking for, then we have what you need to give you IntenseWhiplash.com
    Website is under construction, PM us with any parts inquires.

i have a hypertech power programmer III on my 07 4.8 silverado and didn't feel much of a difference, honestely. i'd say it was worth it just to change the revs, shift points, speed governor and to dial in the rear axle and tire size though. like they said above, custom tune ftw.