GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

you could hack up you back doors like i did and put 6x9s there. still havnt done that to the front but its been to friggen hot out. i have 10s that fit perfectly under my seats but i have heard 8s that pound 5 times harder than my system. kicker speakers are pretty sweet though .
    06 silverado

Need 2 channel or mono amp for 2 10" subs? and 3 or 4 channel amp for 4 speakers?

im running a mono amp on my 2 10s dunno about the speakers
    06 silverado

kicker is alright. for the best quality available, JL audio is the one of, if not the best there is right now. but if you still want great quality with a little bit of a smaller sticker price, get alpine type-x everything. sound companies design their speakers to have the best quality when the equipment is all the same. alpine just came out with a plug and play amp that plugs right into the back of the head unit and will power up all 4 door speakers. i will be ordering this as soon as all this wedding crap is taken care of.
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

i feel you on that one. one month tills its done for me and i can have my money back
    06 silverado

If your looking for quality Infninity & Polk are good for door speakers. As far as subs, yeah I think JL audio is the best.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

i dont know about speakers but for subs i had 1 12 inch memphis pr on a sony 1000 watt amp it hit hared than 2 kicker comps

My plan...2 10" Kicker subs with Kicker mono amp + 4 speakers Alpine 5 1/4 type R with 4 channel Kicker amp.

Would the 6x9 fit in the back door?

idk if they would or not its worth a shot to find out if you can pull the back door panel off and mesure before you cut anything always better to do that i no i had 6x9 in my 1999 in the back door

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    If your looking for quality Infninity & Polk are good for door speakers. As far as subs, yeah I think JL audio is the best.
    speaking from a speaker stand point these are the diffently companies I would go with also alpine has very good speakers, I would diffentaley recommend you go with componet speakers( mids and Tweets) with passive crossovers, regular speakers will have a tweeter midrange and a woofer, with u running subs the woofer on these speakers will be obsolete. or even detramently to your system if you turn the bass up to much. seeing as you will be using your oem deck that cant cancel out the bass goiing to said speakers. cructhfield and others will have this types of componets on plates to help out with install in your oem locations, as far as subs go kicker makes a great product if I recall correctly from my youth they actually started out dong subs and then expaned from there dont quote me though my youth was a long time ago.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast