GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legend

dont go with 6x9 they are becoming ancient, stay with the round speakers, 6 3/4
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Blog Entries

Yeah steer clear of the 6x9's and stick with the round 6 3/4

2003 Silverado 1500
    V8 4.8L 294ci
    2 inch Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    3 inch Rough Country Lift
    33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    5% Tint All Around
    2 12" Kenwoods

To start 6x9's would never fit in the back doors of the new body style chevy's and the door panel would look like hell to hack up, the only problem i see here bro is the fact that you want to run 2 amps off the stock deck which will work but you will hafta run a hi-level adapter for one amp and either a 4 channel hi-level adapter for the 4 channel or run 3 hi-levels altogether and if you do that you will be extremely unhappy with the sound quality of everything, i would honestly change the deck first but if you dont wanna just do the subs first because again all those hi-level adapters on the deck will make everything sound horrible, also if you are planning on doing the install yourself make sure you get the remote turn on from the ignition wire in the ignition loom under the dash and fuse it with a 5 amp the new LAN based systems are sensitive and you dont wanna damage it. other than that i would say your audio equipment you want to use is fair but just from being in the industry awhile i would do polks or infinity reference if you do want good sound calrity in your high's and mid's. Let me kno if you have n e other questions!

Sr. Mechanic

Real good info on this site! I just got 2 new sets (4 speakers) of Alpine 6.75 speakers for $80.00. I also purchased a Square Trade warrantee for 10.00. Shop around, measure, ask questions, then just go for it!

Good Luck!
    Be Blessed

Jr. Apprentice

ya man i would go with rockfordfosgate or menphis audio. and for a crew cab they make custom boxes to go right under your seat and go with 10's sound great and hit hard. Amps is personal prefrence i would personaly go with the alpine or rockfordfosgate.

is the truck the bose system? My 08 has 6" in the 4 doors but it is the bose system. For a amp try thinking about memphis. I am using a PRD1000.1 on 2 JLw6D4's. It is crystal clear sound and can handle a hard load at 45 hz. Please they have a built in fan to help cooling when in confined space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08 silverado dropped.jpg  
    Last edited by Interstatepower; 07-22-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added picture

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    If your looking for quality Infninity & Polk are good for door speakers. As far as subs, yeah I think JL audio is the best.
    JL Audio the best??? Maybe the best MainStream Sub but not the best. The damn W7 cost over $800!! There are alot of underground sub and amp companys that are worth alot more. JL also sell 1000 Watt amp for $1000! There is one company called SunDown Audio, Now that is quality. All there amps are underrated and cheap compared to JL. You get a 1000 watt amp from them and itll be doing over 1500 Watts RMS.
    Fi, AudioQue, Sundown, SSA, Incriminator, DC Audio, All great companys with quality products and customer service.
    Rockford Fosgate is probably the best MainStream Amp Company. They got some badass amps.

I have been in the car audio industry and if you like you said in in the first post I would go with a set of
    08ks652 that is the kicker KS series 6.5 inch components for the front doors
    08ks650 for the read door they are the KS 6.5 inch coax speakers
    07cvt102 that is the CVT 10 inch dual 2 ohm sub, run 2 of them under the back seat up firing
    I would just run a 08zx1000.1 for the subs and like a 08zx350.4 for the door speakers

Sounds really good 09lowrider, thx guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123