Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: 2001 factory alarm help
07-18-2009, 04:20 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
2001 factory alarm help
I replaced my battery in my 2001 chevy silverado and now the keyless entry / alarm doesnt work. Is there a way to reset the alarm or what do i have to do? Thanks
07-18-2009, 05:33 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Fresno California
- Blog Entries
google is a great rescource
Here is the process as per GM. Remember that all your key fobs must be programmed at the same time since once you begin this process the truck erases all previous fobs.
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|
07-18-2009, 11:19 PM #3
Might also be in the owner's manual under "Theft Deterrent".92 GMC Sierra 2500
By pmf608 in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 0Last: 04-13-2010, 01:48 AM
By aboston in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 7Last: 12-25-2009, 11:29 AM
By shreksbrother in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 0Last: 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
By bgeacook in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 0Last: 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
By 2004Suburban in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 14Last: 04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Tags for this Thread