GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Z71 replacement tires? 265/65/18

I've got a 2007 new body style silverado Z71 that came stock with Bridgestone Duelers A/T 265/65-18. I've been unhappy with them since day one. They are cupping pretty bad on the inside tread pads. I've streched them to 40k miles by relentlessly rotating the tires, but even that is no longer working so it's time to replace them. Problem is there are not many options available in that size tire, which is really hard to beleive. I want to stay with the stock tire size. I don't really want to put another set of Bridgestones on so about the only other option seems to be the Goodyear Wranger Silent Armor. The Goodyear looks like a pretty nice tire. I was also told that Michelin would soon be coming out with the LTX A/T2 in that tire size, but who knows when "soon" is. So my question is: What are you guy putting on your newer Z71's for tires????

Blog Entries

BFG All Terrains are offered in that size and would be a very good choice. They seem to last at least 55-60 thousand miles if not more with proper rotation and balancing.

2003 Silverado 1500
    V8 4.8L 294ci
    2 inch Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    3 inch Rough Country Lift
    33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    5% Tint All Around
    2 12" Kenwoods

I had a set of brigdestone revos They seem to be a step up from the duelers and lasted a long time.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Legend

Not to say it was your fault, but cupping is usually from bad alignment (or other mechanical issues in the front end), not a tire issue. My dads 07 has the bridgstones (same as yours)and are very good shape, i have been looking into these tires as well, since brand i have are no longer made
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I had have had all of the above mentioned tires. Each of them is specific to what you use your truck for. If it is mostly highway then you are better off with the Goodyear or sticking with the Bridgestone's. The BFG AT's are great for offroading/highway driving, but get a lot of mixed reviews on tirerack.com The Bridgestone's usually last quite awhile wich leads me to agree with vncj96. It is definatly something to look at (if you have not already done so). If you haven't already run the BFG's..give them a try. You can also fit some over-size tires on as well. This might open up your options...
    JR
    2009 Silverado Z71, 5.3
    Under bottom coating
    Line-X bedliner
    Rhino Cat-back exhaust
    AEM Brute Force CAI
    more to follow

I would go with BFG AT, awesome tires
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I am not a fan of the Bridgestone tires on mine either. Although I havent decided what route I am going with my next set, we had a set of BFG A/T's on my fathers Suburban and they were great.
    1973 Chevy Nova Drag Car 10.34 @ 128-Still not fast enough!
    2008 Chevy Silverado LT Z71-Sold
    2006 Chevy Trailblazer LT-Sold

sounds like we need to start a poll!

... speaking of which... anybody know how?

Thanks for all the replies.

I did notice the BFG's come in that size, but as was said earlier, there more of an off road tire. Since my truck seems to have become the main family hauler and boat puller, I want to lean towards more of a highway tire with a little less road noise.

As far a it being a mechanical problem, It could well be. I plan to have an alignment done when I get the new tires. If this is the problem, it's been that way since it left the factory. Although, I wouldn't think that would happen, I'm sure it's possible.

I think I've decided to wait a couple weeks and see what happens with the Michelins, otherwise I'm leaning pretty hard towards the Goodyears.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by