GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New seat?

Lightbulb New seat?

Dear all,
    I have a Suburban from '79 in a fine state but i have been thinking ahead about the front seat of my car.
    Its having now a bench seat and i am thinking about a 40-20-40 front seat row.
    Here in Holland is nothing to find and if you find something it's seccond hand and whered off.

Now the question do know somebody good USA sites where to look for good seats, it dont have to be orginal Suburban seats it may be also lets say Blazer seats of from an another year than my car.

Greetz

Jr. Engineer

I have a similar problem, and Ive tried locally, but most car bashers have nothing worth taking, and all the local shops that used to sell aftermarket seats for trucks like ours went out of business so as far as I can see you have 2 options.

1.) reupholster the seats you have or find a used pair and have them reupholstered.
    2.)switch to an aftetrmarket street seat like from APC.com or RCI for example.

Hope this helps.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

Welcome to the site. I think it's great that big burbs find use even in Europe. Let's face it, if you need to chauffeur a large family, or haul a dozen sheets of plywood, or tow a boat there's no better choice than a burb.

As far as finding another seat I would first suggest checking out a good upholstery shop to repair the original.

Check out LMC truck for replacement seat cushions and upholstery kits: LMC

If you are still interested in something like a 40-20-40 check out industrialseats.com
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Welcome to the site. I think it's great that big burbs find use even in Europe. Let's face it, if you need to chauffeur a large family, or haul a dozen sheets of plywood, or tow a boat there's no better choice than a burb.

For towing it's a great car but i have no room anymore in the back because there is laying behind the second row of sats a LPG gas tank in it 180Lts and that consume a lot of space but it's cheaper to drive than regular gas(benzine).

LMC is the company that i order my regular parts but they don't sell complete seats.
    and to re-upholstery i can let it do over here but it is verry expensive i think round 1.000 to 1.500 Euro

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSuburban View Post
    For towing it's a great car but i have no room anymore in the back because there is laying behind the second row of sats a LPG gas tank in it 180Lts and that consume a lot of space but it's cheaper to drive than regular gas(benzine).

LMC is the company that i order my regular parts but they don't sell complete seats.
    and to re-upholstery i can let it do over here but it is verry expensive i think round 1.000 to 1.500 Euro
    That's great that it has an LPG setup. Can you post pictures for those of us that would like to see how it was done?

Back in the day it was common for Californians to go "south of the border" to TJ Mexico for cheap upholstery work. (These days, the workers have crossed the border and opened their shops here.)

In Europe do you have someplace you can go "south of the border" to get something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    That's great that it has an LPG setup. Can you post pictures for those of us that would like to see how it was done?

Back in the day it was common for Californians to go "south of the border" to TJ Mexico for cheap upholstery work. (These days, the workers have crossed the border and opened their shops here.)

In Europe do you have someplace you can go "south of the border" to get something similar?
    Oke on request The LPG Setup pics.:

The LPG Tank;

I boxed the LPG tank

I usep plain wood and carpet for a nice looks and comfort.

It's also posible to check the main valves and relai and is over hear in Holland a car older than 3 years has his leagal check in the garage/dealer about technics and saftey

The chrome kabel handle you pull it open if you run on normal gas and you push it to close if you run it on LPG a little bit to the right you see a black switch thats the main switch for running on LPG or normal gas(bezine) if you turn it on LPG it's has a LED indicator en it tlels you how ful the LPG tank is

This is the mixer on top of the carburator the big black hose on top of it come from the evaporator.

The evaprorator stands on the how do you call it ? inner fender shel next to the washer jar.
    To the evaporator runs the engine coolant to keep it defrosted

This is a IMPCO 300A setup if you want to drive only on LPG than you use a IMPCO 425 setup remove the raburator and the mixer gets straight on top of the valey pan and you can also remove evrything whats has to do with normal gas(gas tank gas lines fuel pump)

LPG was for me interesting because it’s cheaper a lot.
    Over here you paid for 1Ltr of gas 95octane 1,45 Euro and 1 Ltr of LPG is 0,45 Euro
    On normal gas the 454 engine runs on 1 Liter 4 to 5 Km even with a sturdy right foot.
    On 1 Liter LPG the car runs 2,5 to 3,5 Km so you can see on LPG the car consumes more but that becomes I have to sorts of fuel gas and LPG and the burning curves are different so the ignition time has to be set for LPG or normal gas.
    I saw on a USA Car meeting somewhere in Holland a Lincoln Continental with a MSD setup and he has two screw controls on it so, he has set the timing of ignition to the fuel he selecting, if he chose for LPG it selected automatic for that ignition time and if he choose fort normal gas its selected for that another setting.
    On newer cars with complete electronic ignitions and motor management have it build in.
    Last edited by DutchSuburban; 08-04-2009 at 05:25 AM.

That setup is pretty sweet
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member