GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jr. Engineer

Well I'm heading down to Duluth to have mine put on! $600 cheaper than having it done here in Canada and that's INCLUDING the $100 in gas it will cost me to get there and back!

From what I've read they are THE best tire, and if they work well in MN, they should be just as good UP HERE in Thunder Bay haha
    SEAFOAM, I PUT THAT @#!$ IN EVERYTHING!

2004 Silverado LS 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    260,000+ km

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    Well I'm heading down to Duluth to have mine put on! $600 cheaper than having it done here in Canada and that's INCLUDING the $100 in gas it will cost me to get there and back!

From what I've read they are THE best tire, and if they work well in MN, they should be just as good UP HERE in Thunder Bay haha
    Sorry i didnt pay attention to your location... I am originally from Two Harbors, and work in Duluth. NOw i see why i see so many Ontario plates around...
    The tires that are going on my Silverado were origianlly on the F-150 i just sold i only put about 4K miles on them... The F-150 was only 2wd and still did great in the icy crud that we got this year.

Oh and a heads up to save a couple of $ on fuel. If you can dont fill up in Duluth. Try to see how much it is in Two Harbors. Usually it is a .5 cents or more a gallon cheaper... That is if you need fuel.

Oh and where you having them done???
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Oh and a heads up to save a couple of $ on fuel. If you can dont fill up in Duluth. Try to see how much it is in Two Harbors. Usually it is a .5 cents or more a gallon cheaper... That is if you need fuel.

Oh and where you having them done???

I don't think I'll need to fill up until I am back in Thunder Bay, but thanks for the tip!

I haven't made an appointment yet, as I'm not going to do this until Mid-April, but I have an online quote good for 30 days from Expert Tire for $879.88 USD installed and balanced.

The quote says that price is valid for 30 days and does NOT include Shop Supplies or Sales Tax. I'm assuming there wouldn't be any extra "shop supplies" needed and the tax down there is what 6%-7%?

Anyway I think it's a fair bet that it would be under $1000 all said and done, compared to the $1400 - $1600 CAD quotes I got up here.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    I don't think I'll need to fill up until I am back in Thunder Bay, but thanks for the tip!

I haven't made an appointment yet, as I'm not going to do this until Mid-April, but I have an online quote good for 30 days from Expert Tire for $879.88 USD installed and balanced.

The quote says that price is valid for 30 days and does NOT include Shop Supplies or Sales Tax. I'm assuming there wouldn't be any extra "shop supplies" needed and the tax down there is what 6%-7%?

Anyway I think it's a fair bet that it would be under $1000 all said and done, compared to the $1400 - $1600 CAD quotes I got up here.
    Call the Duluth Firestone store... Ask them their prices.. I paid $806 USD, installed and balanced for my 265-70-17s.... And since you are out of town you might be able to talk them down a touch...

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Call the Duluth Firestone store... Ask them their prices.. I paid $806 USD, installed and balanced for my 265-70-17s.... And since you are out of town you might be able to talk them down a touch...
    Once again sir, I thank you for your help! I will look into this. With the Canadian dollar where it is right now, the exchange rate is nothing, so that is a VERY good price for me. I need 265/70/17s so that is perfect! I'll let you know what happens.

I had General Grabber AT2's on my Dakota and loved them, great in the rain and snow.

Thought about goin with the AT2's....ended up goin with some Hankook Dyanapro RF10's. I have only had them on the truck a few hours now, but they were referred to me by a guy whose opinion I value over my own in the circumstance. I like the tread sipes on this tire, and from what I hear Hankook is a very underrated brand right now. I have read multiple magazine articles comparing them to the Toyo and the BFG's.....and the Dynapro is right there if not ahead.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

I had the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on the Z71 I recently sold and loved them. I had about 45K miles and had just under 50% of the tread left (rotating every 5K for the first 20K and then every 10K afterwards).

Now I have the BFG A/T's on my 2500HD (they came with the truck) and so far I'm happy with the highway wet traction, but have not been off-roading in them yet. I hear a lot of good things about them so we'll see...

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

Cooper Discoverer S/T are my favorite but I had great luck with a set of Hankook Dynapro A/Ts. Lasted 60k on my 01 3/4 ton dodge but the Cummins torque finally killed them.
    08 Z71,black, CCSB, 3.73's, Ranchhand grille guard, Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit, Cooper Discoverer S/T 285/70/17
    06 Z71, gray, ECSB, 3.42's, Gage grill guard, torsion bars maxed, UWS low pro toolbox, Rough Trail 265/75/17

For a cheap AT I have been extremely happy with my Kumho Road Venture KL78's. they have a lot of siping and I thought handled very well in all conditions I used them in (rain, some mud, sand, dont think I did any snow). Dry traction is great and I dont think I ever spun them in the rain. they are 180 apiece for 315/75/16. Only knock I have on them is that I will only get about 30k out of them, but that might be due to the fact that I have them on the stock 6.5" inch rim. rotated about every 2-3k.

Looking at buying the Cooper discoverer ST (and 8" wide rims) in the next couple of months.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123