GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry Low Air from Dash Vents a/c

Does anyone know what would make the air that comes from the dash vents to be low. The blower is on high and when the controll is set to floor or defrost is comes out full blast. However when I switch the selector to dash the air flow is low. The blower is still running at full blast. Any Ideas?

what year, model, etc is the truck? when you switch to the vent does it just sound like its blowing in the dash. I had a similar issue in my 04 when it wouldnt go to the defroster or floor (but you could here it blowing) and it was the control module that went bad.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the reply. It is a 1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext longbed. What you are describing sounds like my situation. But is does have some air that comes out the vents but real low.

The control module is that the normal A/C controller with the vent, temperature and on/off switch?

Default A/C Blowe

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    what year, model, etc is the truck? when you switch to the vent does it just sound like its blowing in the dash. I had a similar issue in my 04 when it wouldnt go to the defroster or floor (but you could here it blowing) and it was the control module that went bad.
    Thanks for the reply. It is a 1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext longbed. What you are describing sounds like my situation. But is does have some air that comes out the vents but real low.

The control module is that the normal A/C controller with the vent, temperature and on/off switch?