Results 1 to 9 of 9
07-20-2009, 11:42 PM #1
Damn near two (2) within a week!!!
OK this has been a pretty ****ty week... I just had my SECOND Near head on collision within a week... Both of which were because another driver was driving on the wrong side of the road... The FIRST one happened late last week when some woman i guess didn't realize it but tried to get ON to the highway by going down the OFF ramp... essentially this one stretch of highway near me ends and splits... and in between the off/on ramps is a very long over pass that sort of connect the two... but no some woman couldn't read the ONE WAY sign and had in her vehicle a couple of kids and a handicap tag for the rear view mirror...
TONIGHT as i'm about to turn right onto a main road... some ******* in a silver nissan xterra decided to pass the vehicle in front of him/her on a stretch of road that is 95% SOLID DOUBLE YELLOW LINES!!!! the other 5% are much further down the road... so my truck is 1/2 way in the road when i see this vehicle so i Stopped immediately and instead of this vehicle using their brakes and slowing down to get back behind the car in front of them they sped up even faster and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeezed the vehicle between my car and some old brown mercedes (the car in front of the nissan) nearly clipping my car by inches and shoving the merceds off the road...
WTF... sorry i'm just venting because this is ridiculous... I hope this next week is better...
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L EC/Std Bed 4x4 Flexfuel
Full Metal Jacket Spray on Bed Liner
Black Powder coat Diamond Plate Weatherguard Tool Box
Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust System
K&N Flat Panel OEM replacement Air Filter
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires P275/55/R20
Black Reflective pinstripe and VORTEC hood lettering
Billet front bowtie
Rear Bowtie Delete
Blue strobe grille lights
Blue strobe rear window lights
Blue LED Mini Light bar in front Grille
07-20-2009, 11:53 PM #2
07-21-2009, 10:55 PM #3
must be a bad week, i got ran off the road by a semi was passing after the tanker stopped at a rail road crossing and bam he decides to turn in to a neighborhood without using his signal swings her wide and i had to hit the ditch at 40mph when i hit the dirt on the shoulder my ass end swung down and i was sliding sideways and almost hit a sign but i got her back on the road in time (this was a two lane county road so no shoulder and steep ditches)
2003 Z71 Silverado LS
Access roll up cover
Billet Grill insert
CB with PA system
Waiting to be installed
Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM #4
neighbor just got t-boned at the end of our road she's ok but what a shame her dodge ram doesn't look like it's gonna make it.1997 Chevy K3500
4x4 X-Cab Dually
454 Dual Exhaust
07-22-2009, 12:29 AM #5
I know how it is, i have had many close calls.
07-22-2009, 03:28 PM #6
about a year ago, we had someone pull the "pass infront of an oncoming car" trick and he wasn't so lucky. the guy hit the oncoming car and knocked him off the road into a swampy area next to a lake.2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.
07-22-2009, 04:46 PM #7
What i hate the most is that i have friends who told me "I pass people on solid yellow lines all the time if they are too slow" ...I need new friends!
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM #8David
2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
1960 Land Rover Series II 88
2002 Nissan Altima (My Commuter)
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
NRA Life Member
07-22-2009, 11:48 PM #9
By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2009, 06:20 AM
By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
By 4x4_only in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 6Last Post: 09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
By 00loudchevy in forum Chevy Truck AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
By coldsteel1993 in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 14Last Post: 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM