GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Smile 24" wheels on a 08 Silverado 4.8L

Is it anything I need to do to not void my warranty if I install some 24" wheels on my Silverado? What are the risk that I take if I install these wheels? Any comments or advise is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jaruzoskilee15 View Post
    Is it anything I need to do to not void my warranty if I install some 24" wheels on my Silverado? What are the risk that I take if I install these wheels? Any comments or advise is appreciated.

I am not sure how to really answer the warranty issue but if you where to have problems with your truck i would switch out the wheels with the stocks before heading to the dealer. I am currently runnig 305/35/24 and they are just right you could go with a 30 series tire but i think the only look good if your lower the truck 4,6. You will most likely rub when you bust u turns. The wheel well lining wore out on my truck from the rubbing. The truck will feel heavier, anytime you increase the size of your wheels it puts stress on everything in your truck. In my opionion i would go for it the truck will look good. I plan on upgrading to 26" sometime this month.

They are really heavy so I suggest some performance add on parts to help you get those big wheels rolling. You will have to let gm reprogram your computer for the aftermarket rim size to keep it from voiding your warranty. I know 24s look good but I suggest 20s or 22s at the biggest I would go. It is really hard to get those big wheels going
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Big wheels/tires do increase the torque load on the brakes and drivetrain. U-Joints, pads and rotors really take a beating. You may get some grief on the warranty for those parts. Also as recommended, get you computer set for the tire size, because they will throw the speedo and odometer reading off which could definitely void the warranty.

Use of aftermarket parts is protected by Federal law. You can read about it at SEMA's website: http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Blog Entries

do it 24s are sick on nnbs trucks

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|