GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default leveling kit question.

I have a 03 silverado z71, and im bout to buy a leveling kit for it and i was just woundering if anyone could tell me what i gota do to install it,and how complicated it is. thanks

Cool leveling kit question

You will need a torsen bar key compression tool (buy,rent or borrow) to loosen keys, jack and jackstands. Use the tool to compress keys and loosen the adjusting bolts to take load off the keys, slide the t/bars forward until stock keys come out and slide need keys in and reverse these steps. Adjust bars as need, go drive a few miles and adjust bars again if needed. I would measure the front of the truck before you start so you know how much you gained in lift.

is it 2wd or 4wd?

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, I'm still pretty new to the truck scene. Aren't all z71's 4x4? If not, what signifies the Z71 badging?

Cool leveling kit question

I think back in 05 Chevy started making the Z-71 both 2&4wd. Up until then they were all 4x4s.

thanks for the info sil, and yes my truck is 4wd and as far as i know every z71 ive ever been in is 4wd but not 100% on that

not all Z's are created equal cant tell ya how many times ive seen em with the stickers and badges but once you look under em its a 2wd and ive seen dealers put the stickers on just to get it off the lot

their are 2wd z71, all it is is a suspension package, i could have gotten mine as a z71

the Z71 option now-a-days is a suspension and interior upgrade. If you have the Z-71 4x4 sticker, then u have 4WD...
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors