GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: White or Black Walls

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • White-Walls

53 25.36%
  • Black-Walls

156 74.64%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Blog Entries

No choice for me, as my current tires do not have white lettering.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

White letters out if ya got'em. I think they make a truck look tuff. I ran blackwall Yokos on my Burb for a few years and it looked like a station wagon. Recently got me some Cooper Discoverer ATPs with white letters out,and it changed the whole look of the truck.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

Master Mechanic

Im sorry I just need the contrast. If it was like a camaro, it'll be a different story. I cant stand solid black, and I could never drive a blacked out truck.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I like white letters out. I scrub them like its nobody's business until they are white as the day they went on the truck...only after the blue crap got washed off. When I get a small lift and run 33s, I will probably get a tire that has white letters.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I prefer the white letters out. Breaks up the monotone of my black truck with big black tires. I just haven't seen too many 20" tires with white letters.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

I prefer mine with the letters in, but sometimes it depends on what vehicle their on usually.
    Project back in a Project GM is UNDER CONSTRUCTION

When I had white walls I had them out. It is hard to keep them clean, but looks great to do the extra elbow grease. I now have white letter tires and have those on the outside too.

Blog Entries

White letters out, but I don't work on keeping them looking good all the time. It's hard enough to keep the tires remotely clean when you live on a gravel driveway, plus I like going off road!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I like white letter on factory rims and black on custom

Jr. Apprentice

Back in the 1990's for the most part I would always have the white lettering out, looked awesome on my two tone vehicles...75 ElCamino that was Red/White, also on my Blue/Gray 1989 S-10 Blazer Sport. Also my pewter 1999 Tahoe LT. But I preferred the black side out on my 1998 Black ZR2 S-10, 2000 Pewter ZR2 Blazer, and also my Black Z71 2005 Suburban as well as my 2003 Green Tahoe LT. So yeah, guess I am 50/50 on this subject, depends on the vehicle for me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 Last Post byLast Post by