GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking for a high quality 8" lift

I've been looking at lifting my truck and finally decided on an 8". I was originally looking at a 6, but so many times I'd see a 6 and think maybe it should be a little bit higher. That being said I've seen 10s and above and don't want to be that aggressive for my daily driver. (I know, 8 isn't aggressive, right? What can I say? A 4 door honda could have served my purpose too.)

All of that being said, I know just enough about the lifts to get myself in trouble. I've looked at many of the brands listed on here but they seem to stop at 6" I really want a complete suspension lift and avoid the body. I'd rather do a 6 than a 6 with a 2" body lift. There's no real reason for that beyond personal preference. Can anyone recommend a company or two I should look at that makes high quality "8" suspension lifts? My primary concern is function first and aesthetics second. I want the truck to look clean but don't want to worry about breaking something if I hit a rough trail. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance provided. Have a great day everyone.

--Jeremy

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I would definitely go with CST 8" kit. They make awesome kits, one of my buddies has had a 6-8" CST kit on his 06 Duramax for about 2 years now and has had no problems at all. You can even check out Cognito Motorsports they make 7-9" kit and a 10-12" kit for your truck.

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

Cool Looking for a high quality 8 lift

CST Performance Suspension makes a 8inch lift for your truck and there lifts are good quality and design.

Thank you for the feedback. CST and Cognito both gave me some good stuff to look at. Now I just need to start deciding on some wheels and tires. =)