GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default My DRL's aren't working

I've noticed the past couple of days that my DRL's aren't coming on. Instead, my all my lights, as if it were mid night, are coming on. Its been acting as if the light sensor is malfunctioning. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

BUMP! need something pls...

Did you get help in another thread? Link to it if you did.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I got some info from another site. What I ended up do was tricking the computer to think that it was daytime all the time. I took apart the ambient light sensor, and replaced its "guts" with a small led light. I put it back together and plugged it in. The led gives the resistance that the computer is looking for to make it think that it is daytime. So I don't have automatic headlights, but I prefer this way since I installed hid's and didn't want them coming off and on by themselves. But if I ever wanted to go back to the auto lights, all I would have to do would be replace the ambient light sensor.

Wow Steve you dug up an old one!

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Green_95 View Post
    I got some info from another site. What I ended up do was tricking the computer to think that it was daytime all the time. I took apart the ambient light sensor, and replaced its "guts" with a small led light. I put it back together and plugged it in. The led gives the resistance that the computer is looking for to make it think that it is daytime. So I don't have automatic headlights, but I prefer this way since I installed hid's and didn't want them coming off and on by themselves. But if I ever wanted to go back to the auto lights, all I would have to do would be replace the ambient light sensor.
    I am surprised you just didnt replace the sensor....I mean you had the sensor apart right? On my truck I removed the 2 DRL fuses under the hood so DRL didnt come on during the day when I got HID's. Alot less time consuming!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I went to the junk yard two or three times and got sensors out of those trucks. None of those sensors worked. So I decided to do it that way just for a little project. Plus the led on the dash makes it look kinda like I have and after market alarm.