GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: How often do you wax your vehicle? What do you use?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't really wax, just wash once in a while

10 7.94%
  • I go through the carwash - wash and wax

10 7.94%
  • I hand wash - soap only

11 8.73%
  • I hand wash - soap and wax

11 8.73%
  • I hand wash - soap, wax, polishes and more

22 17.46%
  • I detail once or twice per year along with washing

29 23.02%
  • I detail several times per year along with washing

46 36.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think I do mine too much. I wash by hand once a week. I wax by hand once every two weeks, I clay bar one a month. Only in early spring to early fall and winter months I wash and wax once a month at a spray wash and rinse when dirty.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckGirl View Post
    I cleaned on my truck the other day and it took me forever. I took it to the coin op washed it. I never run my truck through the car wash I just get satisfaction out of it when I do it myself. I then used cleaner wax on it, scratch X, polishing wax, then quick mist, and cleaned the wheels. It took me 9 hours cleaning my truck and that wasn't getting to the inside yet.
    9 hrs huh? Ur hired..i'll bring mine right over!!

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

I wash my truck twice a week, but wax it every two months. I detail the inside once a month or more if needed. As for the wheels well, lately i've cleaned them every other day.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I hand wash as often as I feel necessary based on bugs, dirt, debris, etc. I wax/detail twice, annually (spring and fall, basically). I try to beat the pollen fall with my first wax of the year, as it's heavy here -- meaning things are covered in yellow powder for nearly a month. Said yellow powder combined with water is bad mojo for paint -- hence waxing before it hits.

I then wax again in the fall before it gets too cold to hand wash much. I wait as long as I can before doing it so that my wax gets through to spring, again.

I will detail (without claying or waxing) 4-5 times per year depending on weather and travel.

Just washed, clay bared and waxed mine tonight after work. Tomorrow I'll do the wheels, tires and interior.

I wash once a week, and wax once every two months or so...clay bar in the Spring and Fall if I have time.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Every other month just to keep that wonderful shine
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Try to wash every 2-3 weeks, and I've always tried to keep up with a fall wax to help prevent salt corrosion and a spring to get all the crap off. If adam's would ever actually send my stuff I'm trying my hand at buffing for the first time with this truck.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

I have never waxed/detailed my truck. I used to hand-wash it about once a month using a soap from Turtle Wax that claims to have wax in it. Could just be marketing but it certainly looks good aftwe washing. I haven't washed my truck in about three years or so. With the whole right side of the bed crushed in, there's no point in washing it until I get that fixed or replaced. It won't look good until then. :P
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I was mine often. Sometimes twice a week. I hit the quarter car wash, then towel dry it. If at any time I start seeing any fine scratches or anything I don't like I wax it. I wax at least twice a month in the summer and clay bar every other month. In the winter I try to wash it weakly and depending on weather wax it twice during the winter.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234