GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: P0449

Default P0449

Hey, Im new here, sure this has been asked before,,,but I had Auto Zone tell me why my check engine light came on. After checking it out,,,it come out with P0449,,,BBEVAP (large leak detected),,,not really sure what that is or what I need to do. I have a 06 Chevy Silverado with 38000 miles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Legend

This could be as simple as your gas cap is loose, but this also can refer to the charcoal canister, as part of the system that recyles the exhaust fumes, start checking tubing and connections under the hood and back to the fuel tank, its just detecting a leak somewhere in the system where air/fumes are escapeing
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Blog Entries

check you gas lines if there cracked from front to back.

also check if your gas cap is closed right, sometimes if you use those key lock gas caps it will leak through the little hole.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

So is this something I should be stressing over,,Ive read a few blogs where people have hunted for months?,,,,,,thanks for the input

I have a 2006 Silverado 5.3L flex fuel, got AC Delco part # 214-2149 Evap Solenoid from RockAuto.com....it was $27 delivered to my house, a lenght of heater hose, and 2 clamps later, three trips with the truck, light went off. The one thing that concerned me was my choice of heater hose.....it was 5/8, if you can find something a little more thinner walled and flexible that will hold up to the elements, I'd rather do that.
    *Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

Legend

I just got mine reset, it was an issue with the vent that is on top of the gas tank, so the tank had to be dropped to get at it. It cost me 150 to have it done and considering the cold, snow and the fact that i have a 44 gallon tank it was well worth it.