GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Former Member

Question Throttle body spacer results

Has anybody actually felt some difference with there throttle body spacers. I have heard both sides. I cant really see it doing anything. Its quite a bit of money to throw around for a piece of metal too. ANy tips would be great thanks.

I'd also like to know if they work. I've looked at them before but never bit the bullet. Let us know if you have one and what you think, also what motor you have it on.
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

Blog Entries

there crap.

dyno results = best results..... not some made up hp

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

yea my buddy put one on his camaro and didnt notice any difference but maybe it works with other parts i dunno i dont think id buy it
    06 silverado

I have one on and don't think it does anything. One thing I have heard is that they work more on the older throttle body injection motors rather than the newer direct injection. The reason being is that the idea is to help cause turbulance and better mix/atomize the fuel and air before it goes into the cylinder and blown up. This obviously doesnt happen with direct injection because the fuel is added in the cylinder so you can do all the turbulance you want at the throttle body but youre not mixing any fuel with it. Kinda wish I knew before I spent the money, but its on there now even if it doesn't do anything. Someone with one on a TBI might notice a difference and they might chime in.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

i have one, it got rid of my dead spot in 1st gear, and it brought my mpg up from 19 to 21, so it was worth it for me

if all your doing is driving around town dont bother it wont make a difference, if you do lots of hauling/towing or you have alot of hills where you live and spend time on the highway then get one, this is where they are designed to work. I have one and i quite like it, but i also spend alot of time on a highway with lots of hills. I have an 06 1500 with a 4.8L
    Last edited by knightracer_08; 07-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightracer_08 View Post
    if all your doing is driving around town dont bother it wont make a difference, if you do lots of hauling/towing or you have alot of hills where you live and spend time on the highway then get one, this is where they are designed to work. I have one and i quite like it, but i also spend alot of time on a highway with lots of hills. I have an 06 1500 with a 4.8L
    i actually agree with you on that, i hardly noticed anything (other then my dead spot disappearing) in town, it was all on the highway

I got SLIGHTLY improved throttle response, but that is it.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

I had good results on 97 Yukon. Mileage went from 15 to 16.5 MPG, didnt notice in performance but when towing up hill the tranny didnt shift down as much.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta