GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Hi all....Newbie here with a Silverado 08 Ext Cab...
    Thinking to get Goodyear Wrangler AT 315/70/R17,
    Question is will these set,is it good for on road 70%(as i drive to work) and 30% in sand for sandunes?
    Your kind reviews is much appreciated.

SilverBeast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeast View Post
    Hi all....Newbie here with a Silverado 08 Ext Cab...
    Thinking to get Goodyear Wrangler AT 315/70/R17,
    Question is will these set,is it good for on road 70%(as i drive to work) and 30% in sand for sandunes?
    Your kind reviews is much appreciated.

SilverBeast

I had the wranglers on my truck before it was lifted and thought they were pretty good (except they were C rated on my 2500 and it was the dealership that put them on after my truck was stolen and then fixed). They had the silent armour and were quiet on the road. No complaints. I did get stuck once in snow but not too bad
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

any reviews on Yokohama,BFG and cooper?

BFG A/T KO unless you plan a lot of mud. Never tried Cooper or Yoko's. I just purchased my second set of Hankook's but got the M/t instead of A/t. We love the A/t, work great every were so far.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeast View Post
    any reviews on Yokohama,BFG and cooper?
    never tried the yokohamas..never really liked the BFG all terrains..they never cleaned out very well in the mud..at least not for me..ive got cooper S/Ts right now and its by far the best tire ive had so far
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Default Va Sucks??

1998 Sierra Ext. Cab Z71
    Projector [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]headlights[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Flow Master 40 Series Delta Flow w/ Dual Exhaust
    2" suspenion lift
    camo vynil trim
    camo Z71 decals
    soon to be [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]new [COLOR=blue !important]tires[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and rims, and possibly wheel spacers and
    throttle body spacer
    From Oklahoma, Currently in VA.... VA sucks by the way....

Countryboy, you ask a lot of opinions then do what you were going to do anyhow, bought the cheap chit. Why ask?
    BTW, I've been to OK, nice place, I wouldn't want to live there, but I wouldn't say it SUX out of respect to the good people that live there. So feel free to go on back to Okie. We have too many cars here without those that don't want to be here. Oh, and it's VINYL, not VYNIL. At least here in suckie Va!

Default Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70R-17

Hello All,
    I just want to put out there that I was watching this thread and contemplating the Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires from Walmart.... I saw both good and bad "explained" here, so I decided that being on a budget, needing some aggressive tires for the winter, and wanting them to look good... I found myself edging ever closer to the Walmart tire. I called the Goodyear company... Asked several questions about the tire in question and was told by the GOODYEAR Company that these were High quality tires...manufactured for Walmart... they rival the higher end off road tires that Goodyear produces for the mainstream tire outlets.. and they are Guaranteed by Goodyear for Defects and workmanship. They did not use inferior rubber, and quality control is the same as any other tire. All that being said, I went down to WallyWolrd purchased a set.. Out the door...$803.17. Took them down the highway, set the cruise at 75mph... about the same road noise as the stock set of tires that came with the truck...slightly louder...not by much! They handle well in corners... sidewall flex coming of the exit ramp in a hard right turn was excellent! they are good and grippy.... waiting for the first snow!
    All in all an excellent tire for the price! I hope this helps some of you in your decisions on what tires to buy.

Oh, and it's VINYL, not VYNIL. At least here in suckie Va!.
    .....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

If you want to go with what everyone else does and get an excellent tire go with the BFG all-terrain, mud terrain, or one of the extreme versions. excellent tire to on and off road use

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sfcmcgan View Post
    Hello All,
    I just want to put out there that I was watching this thread and contemplating the Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires from Walmart.... I saw both good and bad "explained" here, so I decided that being on a budget, needing some aggressive tires for the winter, and wanting them to look good... I found myself edging ever closer to the Walmart tire. I called the Goodyear company... Asked several questions about the tire in question and was told by the GOODYEAR Company that these were High quality tires...manufactured for Walmart... they rival the higher end off road tires that Goodyear produces for the mainstream tire outlets.. and they are Guaranteed by Goodyear for Defects and workmanship. They did not use inferior rubber, and quality control is the same as any other tire. All that being said, I went down to WallyWolrd purchased a set.. Out the door...$803.17. Took them down the highway, set the cruise at 75mph... about the same road noise as the stock set of tires that came with the truck...slightly louder...not by much! They handle well in corners... sidewall flex coming of the exit ramp in a hard right turn was excellent! they are good and grippy.... waiting for the first snow!
    All in all an excellent tire for the price! I hope this helps some of you in your decisions on what tires to buy.
    Hey please let me know how those do on snow/ice, because we get plenty up here and i was thinking about these tires as well
    CHEVY TIL I DIE.
    2009 Silverado Z71 LT/5.3/Flowmaster 40 Series/Volant/Diablosport
    2006 Trailblazer 4X4 LS

Past Rides:
    2001 GMC SIERRA 4x4 - Totaled
    99 Chevy Silverado 2x4 traded in

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by