GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Badonkadonk

Sr. Engineer

Personally, I prefere function over form or more correctly put, form FOLLOWS function. If I want to go fast I like low and wide and if I'm wheeling I like to be above the stuff that hurts etc. etc.. I can remember air shocks that jacked up the back so high it was ridiculous and made handling dangerous too, But it was cool, at least it was thought to be. Remember the "bow-legged" phase? The huge exhaust tip, whale tail spoilers, the list goes on it goes on to include deisels that smoke beyond belief to putting plastic testicles on trucks.
    As outrageous as these cars may seem, there is alot of truely great work and engineering that has gone into them. Those candy paint jobs aren't easy or cheap and I wish I had the ability or money to make it happen.

Oh, and I wouldn't be caught dead in one.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Jr. Apprentice

I have to agree with just about everybody here "Donk's" are absolutely hideous and downright ridiculous. And unfortunately in CA, very common. Everything from late 60's muscle to current gen. cars on huge wheels seem to be more popular around here than just about anything else. But the one I saw the other day had to have been the worst. An early 70's Firebird-Trans Am Donked. I almost pulled my truck over and puked.

Yeah, the wheels on my truck are big, but they are in proportion to the vehicle. Huge wheels on a compact (for the time), classic American muscle/sports car?!?
    2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

4.8l V8
    22" Liquidmetal wheels (If you like the way they look, do NOT buy 'em. Poor quality manufacturing.)
    TopDeck Tonneau

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678