GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Diablosport predator results!!!!!!

Well as some of you know from talking to me I went and bought the Diablo. It came in the day before I took it on a 2000 mile round trip back home to Arkansas. I didnt have time to adjust shift firmness or anything. I opened the box, pulled the fuses and programed the 93 Octane tune and hit the road. My highway mileage improved from high 12's-low 13's to 14.4 to 14.5 running an average of 70mph. At 70mph I am turning 2000rpm's and the truck really works in the hills to keep that speed.

Anyone out there running 410s or 456 gears and what rpms are you at running 70mph?
    I may end up changing the gears to keep the engin from having to work so hard to keep it highway speeds.

Thanks for all the help guys

2008 LTZ, Z71 4X4
    6 Inch lift
    35's
    AFE cold air intake
    Jet Performance Products Mass Air flow sensor
    Throttle body spacer
    Diablosprt Predator programer
    40 series Flowmasters

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have a question for you regarding your truck, I noticed in your signature that you have a JET mass air flow sensor also. On my last truck I had a Granatelli air flow sensor, and I had to take it off because it was interfering with my Hypertec Hyperpac. I know a lot of that after market stuff does not play well when mixed, it's just a thought but I was wondering if you had noticed any strange values when tuning your truck???
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Just got my Diablo Predator and realized I have to have the PC Interface kit to have the custome tune from them for my 4:56 gears. Another 50 bucks and more waiting for it to come in the mail!

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Cool Diablosport preditor results

Diablo doesnt recommend after market MAFs because they have the internal electronics modifications in the MAF that is made for stock tunes. If you go on the Diablo forums they explain this alittle more. I had a Granittelli on my 05 Z-71 and removed it after installing the Diablo and the truck ran much better with the stock MAF and the diablo together.

Jr. Apprentice

I have heard that it is better to run the stock mass air flow sensor from the local dyno shop. I bought the truck with the modifications done to it already so I can not tell which one performs better. I would like to try the stock mass sensor to see. Any one have a stock sensor they want to get rid of??

Blog Entries

those aftermarket mafs are bogus trust me they mess up everything.

Also of course your going to get better gains, with your diablo sport...... The fact that your running higher octane fuel.

<-----im not trying to be a smartass or put everybody down just trying to lead everyone in the BANG 4 YOUR BUCK, direction.

custom tune is what you want , you will see double the gains usmc, trust me.
    Last edited by 2ToNe04; 07-30-2009 at 03:33 PM.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

The stock MAF does a great job for all N/A applications even low boost applications. It isn't a real restriction. The PC interface kit is a pretty cheap add on. and we'll include it with any Diablosport purchase for free!
    -Devin
    Late Model GM Tuner/Owner Whiplash Intense Performance
    If intense Performance looks is what you are looking for, then we have what you need to give you IntenseWhiplash.com
    Website is under construction, PM us with any parts inquires.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash Performance View Post
    The stock MAF does a great job for all N/A applications even low boost applications. It isn't a real restriction. The PC interface kit is a pretty cheap add on. and we'll include it with any Diablosport purchase for free!
    Wish I would have purchased from you...the kit cost me $50.00.

Sr. Engineer

We also recommend you stick with the stock MAF. I have a post laying around here somewhere that explains why the aftermarket MAFs just leave you with a paperweight in the long run.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller