GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Front drive shaft

2004 K2500
    Here is my problem. I spung a leak in my front pinion seal. It is set to get fixed on Friday along with some other stuff under warranty. The problem is that it went from a leak to massively leaking (today)while driven. The reason it wasn't going in sooner is because I need my truck the next three days. My question is if I remove the front drive shaft will it keep that front pinion from spinning and leaking oil everywhere or will that pinion still spin (I don't remember if the shaft spins in 2 wheel drive because of the Tcase or the wheels). Also since it is a slip shaft at the transfer case will there be an issue driving it with the hole left at the transfer case. Or is my best bet to rent a vehicle and take it to the shop that is doing the work now?
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

nevermind. with timing and need i decided just to rent a vehicle and get the truck in today
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

as long as your hubs are unlocking properly and your t-case is in neutral your pinion shuldn't be spinning if it is you have an underling problem