GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Which winch should I get?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warn M8000

12 75.00%
  • Superwinch EPi 9.0

2 12.50%
  • Ramsey Patriot 9500

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winches

Ordered the Warn M8000 today...$689.99 to my door in Alaska. What a deal!!!!!
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

When you get a chance explain the swaping wires to me again. I have an older Rep 800 mounted in the bumper and I think I have a solenoid gone Bad Didn't want to take it all apart if this is an easier way to fix it.

Thanks
    Even when you see a FORD broke down stop and offer them a ride.

Default Wiches Ramsey has been good to me.

I have to go withthe Ramesy I have 3 and untill recently have never had a problem from any of them.
    but Right now I have Rep 8000 mounted in a Ramsey Commerical Bumper with a cattle guard or DEER and Bear Guard in my case. Not many Cattle left here in the WNC Mountains but last week we did have one running through downtown.

It was quite a site to see all the Floridians dodging that Heford.

Pull the cover for the control box and you should see 2 solenoids, you only need to swap the power wire from one solenoid to the other the ground can stay the same, If I remember correctly this also reverses your switches, winch out now becomes winch in and vice versa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12