Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM #1
1987 4WD Suburban Upgrades [Expired Topic]
Don't have all the details yet (see my other post) but here is what I'm trying to find out.
- Is there a kit to convert the rear to disk brakes?
- Recommended upgrades for front brakes (Baer calipers from AutoZone?), pads?
- Rebuild kit for front and rear axles (options for gears)
- Best towing/mudding tranny
- Rebuild kit for transfer case or a recommended transfer case
- Any other areas of weakness to look for in this year/model of Suburban.
09-23-2006, 08:28 AM #2
I'd save the money on the rear disc's. Spend it on air actuated locker diff's, and add an air pump so you can lock the diffs with the push of a button. If you are going mudding, open differentials will leave you in the bog. Adding rear disc brakes adds unecessary expense for little real braking improvement. Good luck on your project.
There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
High Desert SoCal
93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
02 Honda Civic LX
Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap
By staybri in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 9Last Post: 05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
By beastsuburban in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 6Last Post: 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
By sstucke9 in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 AM
By Icewos in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2006, 11:12 PM
By MN_Burbon in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 5Last Post: 06-21-2005, 04:38 AM