GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default August Vacations???

We're looking at taking a trip up to Seattle this August. I've not been back there since 12/25/03 until about 1/4/04 ... something like that. We'll fly in and rent a car, stay with my sister to keep costs down, but it should give us some time with family and a few friends that I've not seen in a long time.

Anyone else taking a trip this August?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Yeah me and my girlfriend are going to myrtle beach next. my first time down there and im kinda interested to see what its going to be like. been a while since ive left good ol ky.

I'm taking the whole crew to MIS for the August race. This will be the first time that they all get to go at once - it should be an experience.

It's just a short trip, but they'll find something to get into, I'm sure.

Enjoy your trips!

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

The wife and I are going to Mammoth Lakes, CA. It is an hour south of Yosemite. Of course we're taking the truck. I've set her up with massages and things like that while I scout for deer, bear and try some fly fishing fo trout. Sounds like one hell of an anniversery to me! Oh yeah there will be a bit of off roading going on.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

We had planned to go to Las Vegas to visit my mom for 2 weeks, but she passed away so were still gonna go to Las Vegas (we prepaid for the trip and cant get refunded) where my mother in-law will meet us for a few days. Then I'm flying to Lake Tahoe for a week to wheel the Rubicon (woohoo my 25th trip across the Divide) with my brother, nephews, and a couple friends (8 trucks, sadly no Chevy's on the trail only Toyota's and Jeeps), then I'll fly back to LV for the remainder of the two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dshewy14 View Post
    Yeah me and my girlfriend are going to myrtle beach next. my first time down there and im kinda interested to see what its going to be like. been a while since ive left good ol ky.
    Come on down to the beach, we've got Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood,House of Blues, Ron Johns Surf Shop, Dixie Stampede, Carolina Opry, Medieval Times, Freestyle Music Park and a whole slew of other tourist traps for y'all to check out.

The beach is always nice too...

Wife wants to head down to the Keys for a week in August..... Maybe I can get some deep fishing in while she's playing the tourist
    1958 Chevrolet Apache Fleetside Longbed .. 350 with a turbo 350 tranny
    2010 Silverado LTZ 4X4 Z71

Jr. Apprentice

Default Bear tooth Mnts Mt, great travel

First off i have got to say i love the picture kidhauler. European vaction, parlamint , big ben, funny stuff. Are your kids named Audrey and Russ?Kidding. So to get to it if anyone gets the chance to cruise the Beartooth Mountains in Montana,,do so. Weather its my Suburban or my silverado we , the fam , go to montana every year. Lots to see and do. There is also the Bear tooth run , harleys everywhere, and just a great ride .2 or 4 wheels its scenic.

This coming weekend I'm heading down to TX for a day to pick up my step daughter. Can't wait to see her again, it seems like it's been forever. She's only met her 9 month old little sister twice unfortunately.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Blog Entries

i wish i could take a trip but, im going bak to college this week. :(

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

got too much weddin stuff to pay for a vacation right now. we will probably go in the spring again somewhere in may while all the kids are still in school which means less people to piss me off
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris