GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Opinions on my lift options

So I am kinda new to this whole thing so I have a few, probably basic, questions.

I have a 04 Silverado Z71. It is completely stock right now with 265/65 R17 tires, but I am looking around for a lift and new tires. Only problem is I am under a tight budget ($2000).

Options:

4 in. Rough Country Suspension Lift- leave stock wheels and put on 33's tires on it.

3 in. Performance Accessories Body Lift plus 2 in. Leveling Kit(don't know what kind would be best) - put on new wheels and tires 18's and 33's

Would love some opinions on which you would go with. If body lift then what leveling kit should i put on? Also what size ***/**R17 tires would fit on the stock rims?

Thanks for all the help.

Cool Opinion on my lift options

Save your money up till you can get a good 6inch lift and 35s. As Ive sayed on other post that most people that came into our shop and hurried and lifted there trucks with what they really didnt want regretted it and some ended up having us redo there trucks which cost them more in the end.

Besides what STB said, Body lifts are only good when used IN CONJUNCTION with a suspension lift. You try any wheelin with just a body lift & you probably won't have a good time!
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

I agree...wait till you have enough for a quality suspension lift.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Couldn't agree more, don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket. Wait and get exactly what you want don't settle with something because you don't have the cash, keep saving--go big!!
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

Thanks for the advice. Your right, I really want a 6 in lift. I would have regreted getting one of those lifts once i got it. I am going to do my best to save up money but for a college freshman its gonna be tough to get money. Once again thanks for the help.

In addition to saving up for a 6" lift and 35s....don't skimp on QUALITY. Save your money for a quality lift such as BDS or Fabtech. Always remember, you get what you pay for with vehicle parts. I'm living proof of that...I had a POS lift and I had to replace it.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

Does a leveling kit actually raise the vehicle a couple inches? My guess is it just raises it a tad to fit bigger tires on it, but then again this is my first truck I intend to lift
    2001 Silverado Z71 4X4 Black

A leveling kit will raise it a little bit in the front to "level" the truck out. You usually then can add bigger tires.

Alright one more question. I'm really not a big offroad guy. I might take my truck off the highway 4-5 times a year and even then i'm not going to be doing any crazy stuff. So would it still be a bad idea to go with a Rough Country 6 in. no torsion drop lift or should i still save up for the BDS of Fabtech, or maybe go for one in b/t those? I really just want something to enhance the appearance of my truck but also something that would handle it if i did get in a sticky situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by