GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Neutral safety wire color?

I'm installing a car alarm/remote start in my automatic suburban(keep people from stealing tools).
    Does anyone know what color the neutral safety wire is? I have two yellow wires,one of the yellow wires
    has two wires inside it(1 green,1white).Any help would be appreciated.I'll post pics of install when I'm done.

What year? Are you referring to the wires that go to the ignition switch or the neutral switch?
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

it's a 95 5.7 suburban .The wire that lets you start the truck when in park or neutral.

My 93 is different, but my Chilton's shows the 95 diagram and there appears to be only one yellow wire going towards the ignition switch and a purple wire going towards the starter. It makes mention that on the auto trans version, the ns switch is incorporated into the reverse light switch and is mounted on the trans.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    My 93 is different, but my Chilton's shows the 95 diagram and there appears to be only one yellow wire going towards the ignition switch and a purple wire going towards the starter. It makes mention that on the auto trans version, the ns switch is incorporated into the reverse light switch and is mounted on the trans.
    Yes, this is correct. Here's a more detailed snapshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 95 sub.jpg  

Thanks! I kinda figured something wasn't right.I got it to start finally.It was funny,I didn't have the brake wire(cut off) hooked up yet and couldn't shut it off.Now I have to figure out what polarity the door locks are.Good thing I have plenty of fuses.I'll probably spend the next few days finishing up on this.

Well,after four days I finally got the system wired together and running properly.The biggest problem
    I had during the whole installation was finding accurate diagrams for my suburban.I found three sets
    of wiring diagrams online.All of them had one or two mistakes.I contacted the seller of the system on ebay.He offered to replace the unit free of charge(which was pretty cool).I didn't think it was a problem with the system,so I kept going over everything.I finally went to my old desktop and dug out my mitchell's repair cd for the truck.(I should have done that from the start!).Once I connected everything according the the mitchells,the system worked.

I should have researched aftermarket systems more before I bought this one.Not that this one is bad,but there aren't any good installation or troubleshooting help sites for it.

Tomorrow I am going to solder all my connections and put the the panels back in.
    The first and LAST remote start I ever put in.