GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Light Offroading Hep in Washington

I currently live in Kent, WA. I haven't lived up here real long so I don't know the area as well as I'd like to. I'd really like to pack up the kids (5 and 2) and do some easy offroad trails and maybe even find a spot to camp this weekend. I've been looking around at different sites for ideas but I can't find anything with real clear descriptions of trails, directions and photos. I have a friend who lives in phoenix who belongs to a site that has detailed photos and descriptions of every trail in the area, so I've gotten kind of used to that.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea? I don't mind driving a little, but would prefer not to do more than two hours travel time (one way) max. I have a brand new truck so I don't want anything too gnarly that will will significantly damage the body. I have plans to get it lifted and I'll get more adventurous then, but for now just want to hit some dirt trails and hills. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeremy

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

There are alot of forest service roads to hit, but they are mostly just that, roads. They have some off shoots so you would have to look around. I haven't gone wheeling for awhile so I may not have that accurate of info. But I do go riding so here are a couple of areas. The Naches trail is tough, but you can get around some of the bad areas. http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=186559 . Stop at the Ranger station in Enumclaw for maps and more info about the trail.
    Also, in Belfair you can find a spot called Tahuya. http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/ManagedLands/Pages/amp_rec_tahuya_state_forest.aspx .
    It's hard to find good spots out here but they are there. You just have to ask and look around.

2001 Silverado LS 2500 4x4 (110,000 miles).
    17" AMP 41-2 Wheels w/ Toyo Open Country.
    Line-X bedliner.
    Rolling bone stock.

Check out the geocaching site. You can look for 4wheel caches. A great family experience if you have a gps unit. http://www.geocaching.com/
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Default Light Offroading Hep in Washington

I live in Graham, just outside Tacoma and got a 750. My wife has a 600 and we plan on doing quite a bit of riding this coming year.So who lives around here?

Sr. Apprentice

Elbe Trails in Elbe, WA

Master Mechanic

If your looking to "offroad" with a truck or jeep, then as Stangdriver said, Tahuya is awesome I hear, I still havent been but plan on taking the camper and quads this summer, as far as quads go, capital forest in general has a huge trail system, mt adams near whites pass has awesome camping and riding spots with ride in high lakes, and I have a few honey holes around my neck of the woods i don't need everybody blowing up, but if your in the area id let you know lol. good luck

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside