GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well i currently don't have signals in my mirrors. This is what made me think the wiring is already there:

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    But Starting in 03' and up they did.
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

This also lead me to believe the wiring is just there, although this member's truck is the NNBS whereas mine is an 05.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg84 View Post
    If you can take the old mirrors off, you can put the new ones on! I did it on my truck, the HD mirrors plug right in to same harness that the old ones used. Even the turn signals worked without doing anything extra and my truck didn't have turn signals in the mirrors from the factory. It took me maybe an hour to do both sides, but most of that was figuring out how to pull the door panels off. I'm sure I could do it again in half the time.
    This quote was from this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27160
    Michael, 17, CA

Quote Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
    Well i currently don't have signals in my mirrors. This is what made me think the wiring is already there:

Starting around 03' and up, If you have Power Mirrors, from the factory, then it would be a plug and go for OEM Signal Mirrors.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-29-2013 at 11:11 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

sweet. I DO have power mirrors so I don't see why the HD power and signal mirrors wouldnt work!

I'm thinking something like these, professionally painted to match the truck would look awesome. I dont know why but I have a thing for the tow mirrors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIRRO...ht_3770wt_1165
    Last edited by dsrtne1; 08-11-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Michael, 17, CA

Quote Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
    sweet. I DO have power mirrors so I don't see why the HD power and signal mirrors wouldnt work!

I'm thinking something like these, professionally painted to match the truck would look awesome.I have a thing for tow mirrors.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIRRO...ht_3770wt_1165
    They look Sweet, IMO I would have them Professionally painted too.....Post up some pics went you get them.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-29-2013 at 11:12 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

Is it worth it to have heated mirrors? just wondering, i know alot of people have them but do they help alot? will it melt the snow off if theres a bunch of snow on the mirror so that i can see? If it does then i'll def. look into getting heated mirrors w/ signals.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    Is it worth it to have heated mirrors? just wondering, i know alot of people have them but do they help alot? will it melt the snow off if theres a bunch of snow on the mirror so that i can see? If it does then i'll def. look into getting heated mirrors w/ signals.
    Another Good question, Sorry I don't have the heated mirrors, Maybe someone here on the site has them and can give you some input.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

I live in utah and theres nothing better than the heated mirrors in a snowstorm,if you live in a place with harsh winters gotta havem!
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Hmmm guess ill add heated mirrors to the list then. The winter storms seem to get a little worse(longer and heavier) each year here in portland. There not huge storms, but it used to be it would snow a few days and that would be about it for the winter. This last winter it lasted for like 3 weeks. And luckily i got my truck a few days before it started snowing

Did your mirrors come stock or did you and them? I see you have the same year as me. Also are they always on when the truck is on or is there a switch you flick that enables the mirrors to be heated?
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tdaz250 View Post
    Hmmm guess ill add heated mirrors to the list then. The winter storms seem to get a little worse(longer and heavier) each year here in portland. There not huge storms, but it used to be it would snow a few days and that would be about it for the winter. This last winter it lasted for like 3 weeks. And luckily i got my truck a few days before it started snowing

Did your mirrors come stock or did you and them? I see you have the same year as me. Also are they always on when the truck is on or is there a switch you flick that enables the mirrors to be heated?
    I had to install my signal mirrors using the link I posted earlier in this thread. the heated mirrors are activated by your rear window defroster button and shut off automatically.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast