GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: S10 Air Intake

Default S10 Air Intake

Hey guys,
    I bought my first truck early this year and I am now ready to start modding. It's a 2001 S10 with the 2.2L Four. My first mod is going to be removing the ridiculously restrictive stock air intake and I just want to know what you guys think. I am not going to be charging my truck so this air intake will be fine for quite a few years. What should I look for? What is a good price and what is a good company to buy from? I have heard a lot of good things about K&N and Air Raid.
    Thanks

K&N filters suck, stay away from any filter that you have to oil. Injen is a great unit but I do not think they make one for your Engine. I know AEM makes a DryFlow filter may want to look there.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

AirAid hands down! I run them on my truck and jeep!
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

Blog Entries

Intakes dont really matter much(as in brand) the only restrictive part is the tube, you can use your stock air box with a drop in air filter and a good straight through tube,

ebay intakes are about 66 buks just get one of those and buy a universal K&N cone filter.

its not like you gain 20 hp.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Default Custom

My other idea was to cut a vent into the hood, or maybe a scoop, and mount the filter almost right on the throttle body for max airflow. Thoughts?

I have a 92 sonoma 2.8 and I did the easy thing, just flip the air cleaner lid upside down so there is a 1.5" gap all the way around.. it sounds nicer, and I think it has a bit more power, especially on the highway in 5th I can actually accellerate lol. oh and I went with a AMS EA air filter
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.