GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Power Mirrors

Jr. Apprentice

Default Power Mirrors

i have an 2000 Silverado and for some reason my power mirrors do not work
    i already checked my fuse. it seems to be fully connected. and im pretty sure
    there is not a relay for it. if anyone has any ideas spit them at me. i wanna try
    to get it fixed.

Legend

Start with cleaning out the control unit for it, the one you use to control the direction, then start following your wires from that through the door and so on, insulation could be exposed
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I have a 2000 Sierra. My power mirrors don't work either. The left one would work intermittently. I'm bidding on one on ebay as we speak. I'll let u know the results.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

The master switch is the one on drivers side. If somethign si wrong there, the passenger wont work either Every once in awhile, both my Yukon and Suburban will work loose., Unplug, replug brings them both back into operation. However, if you are certain you are getting good power, you should replace the switch at the drivers door.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNetwork View Post
    The master switch is the one on drivers side. If somethign si wrong there, the passenger wont work either Every once in awhile, both my Yukon and Suburban will work loose., Unplug, replug brings them both back into operation. However, if you are certain you are getting good power, you should replace the switch at the drivers door.
    You have a power mirror switch on the passenger side? Sounds like you're talking about power windows which is not what the original poster was asking about.

To the OP: If the fuse is good, I would start tracking the power along the circuit. Starting at the mirror switch would be a good start. Let us know what you find.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Ok, heres an update. I bought a mirror switch out of a S-10 off of ebay. I paid $24.95 AFTER shipping, so I got that part for a steal. When it got here last night, I realized as I took it out of the package that I didn't bother to look for the right color... The new one was gray while my old one was black, but never the less I went and tried it out and it worked perfectly. So today after work I took it back out and then switched it's internals with my old stock switch's internals. Put it back in the truck and it works perfect again.

So I suggest you pa-ruse around ebay and find one for cheap, hopefully you get get the right color, lol, and just replace you old switch.

I had the same problem I hit a local salvage yard and paid five bucks (right color even) dont write it off as a source for parts alot of these guys on ebay are getting them form there and them just charging you more for em!
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Quote Originally Posted by zubbiez View Post
    I had the same problem I hit a local salvage yard and paid five bucks (right color even) dont write it off as a source for parts alot of these guys on ebay are getting them form there and them just charging you more for em!
    I went to two local salvage yards. The trucks were either picked clean or had the older style switch. So I had no choice but to ebay it, since that was the next cheapest route.