GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Throttle Body Bypass Kit?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2000-06-Silverado...d=p3286.c0.m14

In many vehicles, a hot coolant line flows to and from the vehicle's throttle body. After driving for awhile, the coolant in this line will reach temperatures of up to 230 degrees F!! This hot coolant running through the throttle body quickly heats up the air that passes through it and greatly hinders performance.

By directing this hot coolant around the throttle body instead of through it, it keeps the intake
    cooler and thus the air flowing through it cooler as well. Cool air is denser, and burns better and more efficiently than warm air.
    Sounds plausible, but the same result can be rigged up for a lot cheaper from parts from parts store.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend

This is a huge mod in the V6 Z24 cavalier world, while yes it does bring in hot temps, switching DOESNT make one bit of difference. I did it not because I thought it would but to prove to a buddy that it doesnt do a damn thing and I was correct. For the most part everybody that says they have a CAI really dont, unless they are pulling air from a cowl induction of some sort, "Ram Air" or pulling the air from under neath the car lower to the ground and even then it wouldnt cause the air to raise up but a few degrees as it passes by so quickly. Not to mention I went to a college that has a HUGE automotive engeneering program linked directly to GM and they proved this as well!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

My father always says, "A fool and his money are soon parted"
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

you can do it if you want not going to make a difference, and if you live in a cold state you run the risk of a frozen throttle plate

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Cool Throttlebody bypass kit??

I made this mod afew years ago and it does nothing,put back to stock.

Like Z71 Guy pointed out I think the biggest difference you'd notice would be in an area with cold temperatures where you might get problems from freezing throttle body parts.
    Even with the bypass the throttle body is still attached to the engine at a few points and will heat up some. Air passes through so quickly it would have very little time to heat up.

I almost did this the other day but only because I had a leak that I was trying to jerry rig. stopped myself and just did it the right way it looks cleaner and doing it doesnt give you any performace gain.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts