GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I hate my bowtie

No, Not the one that I wear on my collar! The one I drive! I am in the midst of one hell of a mess
    with this! I am replacing the manifold, Carb and the distributor. The manifold is an Edelbrock # 2110
    and rhe carb is also an Edelbrock 1406. This project has taken awhile, I wanted it to look nice, So I
    painted the manifold Chevrolet blue. You know, So that shiny carb would stand right out there!
    today makes day 5. I had to replace the distributor, because it was TOTALLY FRIED
    But I think when I get her done, It'll be a sweet ride! I will let you know what i got when I am finnished
    with it. Any last tips would be helpful. The manifold is mounted, Dist. is in place. Any thing I should watch for? Thanks Ohh, Almost forgot! The engine is a 350. Truckie is a 1977, 3/4 ton.

Quote Originally Posted by 77chevy View Post
    No, Not the one that I wear on my collar! The one I drive! I am in the midst of one hell of a mess
    with this! I am replacing the manifold, Carb and the distributor. The manifold is an Edelbrock # 2110
    and rhe carb is also an Edelbrock 1406. This project has taken awhile, I wanted it to look nice, So I
    painted the manifold Chevrolet blue. You know, So that shiny carb would stand right out there!
    today makes day 5. I had to replace the distributor, because it was TOTALLY FRIED
    But I think when I get her done, It'll be a sweet ride! I will let you know what i got when I am finnished
    with it. Any last tips would be helpful. The manifold is mounted, Dist. is in place. Any thing I should watch for? Thanks Ohh, Almost forgot! The engine is a 350. Truckie is a 1977, 3/4 ton.
    One thing that frequently overlooked is the Edelbrock carb needs an adapter if used with the Edelbrock spread bore manifold. The spreadbore manifold is designed for a Quadrajet.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Yup, I dun did figured that out!!! When I started it today (August 17) 17 days after I started.
    The throttle was WIDE OPEN! So I dis-connected the cable, Still WIDE OPEN!!! Called tech
    support, And they confirmed, I need an adapter plate!!! Thanks, John

sounds like you might have jammed the throttle plates into the aluminum manifold to make it stay wide open worth looking at them for bends it will effect the idle if the plates dont close completely

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!