GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Infamous Gas Cap CEL

I've read around and found out the info about the false loose gas cap CEL, and see that there is a TSB on it which shows the fix as relocating and replacing the EVAP sensor near the gas cap. Has anyone had success with cleaning the existing sensor or even replacing it with the original part (it's about $50 as opposed to the $400 the TSB fix cost)

with 160k on my 1500 I doubt the dealer will relocate and replace everything for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgethefierce View Post
    I've read around and found out the info about the false loose gas cap CEL, and see that there is a TSB on it which shows the fix as relocating and replacing the EVAP sensor near the gas cap. Has anyone had success with cleaning the existing sensor or even replacing it with the original part (it's about $50 as opposed to the $400 the TSB fix cost)

with 160k on my 1500 I doubt the dealer will relocate and replace everything for nothing.
    Could you share this TSB with us? What year is your truck? What is the specific code? There are several EVAP codes. Thanks.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible