GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New Pipes: Dual 3" w/ H-pipe

Hey Gang,

I haven't been on for quite a while and for that I apologize. Things have been a bit hectic lately, I just flew back to the U.S. after spending 2.5 weeks in Europe. And I've been out doing the music thing, playing with new bands & musicians. And then the day job fills the rest of my spare minutes.

But, now on to the topic at hand. I figured I'd share a few pics from when I re-built my exhaust system.

As much as I hate to say it, the pipes now coming out the side of my bed are now fake :( and I intend to shave over the hole when I paint this truck soon. I discovered running all of that extra pipe with way to many bends to get out the side was just costing me to much power.

The old system, 2.5" Y-pipe into single 3" with a flowmaster super 40

The new: Dual 3" pipes with H-pipe

All I can say is.... YES! The biggest improvement was after adding the H-pipe. The tone is alot deeper and more noticeable torque with an H-pipe

For your standard unmodified cruiser, going to a system this big would just make for a unsatisfactory experience. Big pipes move the power up in the RPM range at the sacrifice of off the line low end grunt.

I also finished up the ram-air project:

And added a new grill:

Cheers ~Mykk

Vortec 357ci Small Block Chevy: Big cam, high stall, long headers, rear gears. The typical formula.

good god man. looks great. di you do the install or did you have it done? either way, it looks great. same with the ram air
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Those pipes dumping under the truck are gonna be loud, but somehow with the rest of the mods on the truck I dont think the noise will be an issue for ya.
    Why'd ya have to put the angle in the left pipe? It looks like it woulda fit with a straight shot using a wider "H" pipe.

Yoiur truck shouldn't have any trouble breathing! How much did the new exhaust help out the performance?

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Why'd ya have to put the angle in the left pipe? It looks like it woulda fit with a straight shot using a wider "H" pipe.
    You can see where bank one comes under the trans pan and goes over the trans crosmember, it's close to the trans heatsheild. And bank two header collector is right there too

Cool New pipes dual 3 w/h pipe

Very nice and clean truck.

Cool New pipes dual 3 w/h pipe

I noticed after I sent my post that your crossover pipe runs near your deep tranny pan like mine does. I installed exhaust wrap around mine and tranny temps dropped by 25 to80 degrees.

how much was it to do the ram air I really want to do it with mine
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I noticed after I sent my post that your crossover pipe runs near your deep tranny pan like mine does. I installed exhaust wrap around mine and tranny temps dropped by 25 to80 degrees.
    I did the same thing, it just isn't in the photo

Quote Originally Posted by heavy chevy View Post
    how much was it to do the ram air I really want to do it with mine
    I pieced mine together using Spectre parts. About $125 in parts. Your truck has a different kind of V8 than mine, and a totally different fueling/induction. To ram-air yours would use a different set-up than mine, not to say you couldn't grab the air from the same place on the front of the truck.

Sr. Mechanic

I have to say I never liked that body style of truck & hence did not purchase one. However I would have changed my mind had I saw what you did to yours! GREAT JOB!
    Be Blessed

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by