GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rear Leaf Spring Lift

Okay, so I'm getting a 6" suspension lift from rough country when the currency exchange rate gets better, and the Rough Country lift comes with 5" blocks for the rear lift. But i was wanting to change that by ordering Skyjacker Softride leaf springs. They have 5" lift springs for 1500's, and then they have 6" lift springs for 1500hd's and 2500hd's. I'm wanting to get the 6" lift for the 3/4 tons, and put it in my 1500, for added support when hauling the cattle trailer. And, my dad and i changed the leaf springs in my old F-150 from 1/2 ton springs to 3/4 ton springs, so i was wondering if the leaf springs are interchangeable between 3/4 tons and 1/2 tons for my model truck. There's a deal on these leaf springs right now, $250 for the 6" lift, and the 1/2 ton springs are still at normal price, so that's why I'm wondering if they will work. If they will, I'll order them right now.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?partid=468252
    Last edited by ippielb; 08-11-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Cool rear leaf spring lift

Im sure they dont fit. Measure your springs eye to eye on your truck and the same on a 2500. Im sure the 2500s are longer. Its been a few years since Ive be in the shop and I cant rememmber but Im sure the 2500s are to long.

Thanks, that's all i needed to know, if there's a hint of doubt, I wont do it, my cousin has a 2001 silverado with a 4.8l, extended cab, short box, 1500. And he put 3/4 ton leaf springs on his. Just thinking i could do the same.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

I don't beleive they will fit. Just one thing though. I have a 6" lift on my truck and I also bought an add-a-leaf kit (about $50) and it tows just fine. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another option.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Cool rear leaf spring lift

On my other post I forgot to mention that I have Skyjacker lift with there rear spring. I used there springs because I dont tow anything more than a jet ski and I didnt want blocks on the rear. The stock springs are better for towing eespecially after you ad the add-a-leaf.

That sounds like that's what I'm going to do, get an add a leaf kit, and hopefully remove a block. I don't want to have 5" of block lift. That wont give me any more flex as my truck has now.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

the load capacity for an 1/2 ton is different then the 3/4 ton models also there are more leafs in the 3/4 ton