GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default BDS Worth the money?

Okay, well had enough for the RC 6" lift, then i had to pay $356 to get my EVAP Valve relocated, because the solenoid was shot, and i didn't want to have to deal with it getting plugged anymore. So, now I'll be getting a personal loan from family for this lift, because i really need it, and want it. So, i was wondering if you all think that the 6" BDS Suspension lift is worth $1,741? Lifetime warranty and parts souds terrific! Especially because, this truck is not leaving the family, or the farm. So, parts are taken care of.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Master Mechanic

i havent heard a bad thing about that particular lift.but i cant speak for myself since i still havent been able to get one on my truck damn those bills!!
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

BDS is well worth the money and more. Their customer service/tech support is outstanding. Their warranty is by far the best in the business. I'll never buy anything esle other than BDS....
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

Where would be the best place to buy the BDS lift? I was wanting to buy it directly from them, but they're more expensive then the distributors.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

Cool BDS worth the money

BDS is worth the money. Make sure when you shop for a kit, you get the price for the newer non-lowering torsen bar kit. They make both types. BDS sells direct to retail customers, but i would shop around because shipping up to you has to be $$$$$.

Cool BDS worth the money

Have you checked there website for dealers near you? Make sure who ever you buy from if the shipping price includes handling charges. Ive seen customers get charged $100-150 dollars just for putting on a pallet and shrink wrapping. (the handling charge) This was ontop of the shipping charge.

I found a place in Vancouver(not local but still Canadian, so i can use Canadian funds, and i wont get charged border fees) that distributes for BDS. I requested a quote from them, this is what they said.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us a price quote request. I have the following prices for you on parts for your 02 Chev 1500 4x4.

1)BDS 6.5” HC lift system with BDS 5500 Series shocks (KITK106H-BDS) : 1824.69

Shipping : 80.00
    That sounds pretty good to me! That's in Canadian funds, and I've only been able to find the same kit in the USA for $1,741 being the cheapest! I think I'm going to get this one, maybe i can convince this dealer to give me a little discount if i buy a leveling kit for my dad from them too!

Edit:
    This kit is the non torsion bar drop one, i believe, unless he cannot read, i was so specific when i requested a quote, i basically spelled out what the kit was, all caps saying NON TORSION BAR DROP. So, I'll ask and make sure.
    Last edited by ippielb; 08-14-2009 at 03:03 AM.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    I found a place in Vancouver(not local but still Canadian, so i can use Canadian funds, and i wont get charged border fees) that distributes for BDS. I requested a quote from them, this is what they said.

That sounds pretty good to me! That's in Canadian funds, and I've only been able to find the same kit in the USA for $1,741 being the cheapest! I think I'm going to get this one, maybe i can convince this dealer to give me a little discount if i buy a leveling kit for my dad from them too!

Edit:
    This kit is the non torsion bar drop one, i believe, unless he cannot read, i was so specific when i requested a quote, i basically spelled out what the kit was, all caps saying NON TORSION BAR DROP. So, I'll ask and make sure.
    This is a good deal. The High Clearance (HC) kit is the not T-Bar drop. You will be very please with this purchase.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch