GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: In-Dash

Exclamation In-Dash

i have a 2006 silverado. i am wanting to get an in dash for my truck but i dont wanna have to cut anything on my dash. i want it to be a good install and look like its supposed to be there. anyone know of a good screen that will do that? im lookin at these now. let me know..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/compa...id%5B%5D=12103

Your truck has a double din head unit stock, so these will fit without any cutting, well, that's what my friend said with his 2005 duramax crew cab.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

This is what I have now and its pretty clean. Since the screen doesn't move, it sits nice a flush against the dash and looks pretty factory.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP...h=pioneer+3100
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

Quote Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
    This is what I have now and its pretty clean. Since the screen doesn't move, it sits nice a flush against the dash and looks pretty factory.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP...h=pioneer+3100
    sweet screen. happy with it?

You are wrong about no cutting, you dont have to cut the dash bezel or anything but after you remove the 3 bolts for the factory radio you will see some hard plastic across the back and it comes up in the middle on the bracket that runs up to the top underside of the dash and that plastic has to be cut out in order for an in dash to fit properly.
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics

Quote Originally Posted by nickpatton_189 View Post
    sweet screen. happy with it?
    Yes, I'm very happy with it. Controls are easy to use and I love the way it looks in the dash. Really nice features too. You can use your own pictures for the backround and choose the color of illumination on the buttons. The usb port on the front will play music straight off of a usb flash drive or you could plug in a usb cable to your ipod or iphone and it will charge it as well. Very pleased with it and its not too bad of a price.
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great: