GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Climate Control Illumination

Are the red/blue bars on the climate control suppose to illuminate when the other dash lights are on?

Mine never have and I recently saw a pic of one that was - not sure if this was a conversion or not.

yes they are suppose to be on... mine some times dont turn on but i move the little handle up and down really quick and they turn on

Tried your trick - worked like a charm. Thanks

question, can I replace the manual climate control like yours with the digital one?
    "Semper Fidelis" (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler™ View Post
    question, can I replace the manual climate control like yours with the digital one?

yes sir, its a completely different cluster, you'd have to remove your dash and the 7mm screws holding it in, check all the pin connectors before you finish up tho, bc i had a digital in my other truck and the lights on that started to go out, the only thing i could think of as to why is the connections. im not too sure where to get the digital cluster but a quick google search and you should find what you need... maybe even lmctrucks.com

Quote Originally Posted by kwconch021 View Post
    yes sir, its a completely different cluster, you'd have to remove your dash and the 7mm screws holding it in, check all the pin connectors before you finish up tho, bc i had a digital in my other truck and the lights on that started to go out, the only thing i could think of as to why is the connections. im not too sure where to get the digital cluster but a quick google search and you should find what you need... maybe even lmctrucks.com
    Thanks for the info.