GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default automatic climate control

Here is a question for every one...I decided to turn on the AC last thursday as it was getting 85 degrees here and wanted to make sure it was working for the real heat that is coming. No air coming out of the vents, but could feel some cold air from some place oozing out..thought it my be the cabin filters were getting dirty again, but just replaced them last fall. Waited until I was in the driveway at home and began the investigation. Pulled the cabin filters and they were not bad, left them out and turned it on again...still nothing to the vents. It is blowing out the defrost vents along the windshield. Took it off auto and to manual, still only from defrost vents. Got into the service manuals and have narrowed it down to three items. # 1 A short in the class two serial data circut # 2 selector switch in dash ( for positions dash vent, floor, combo, or defrost) # 3 solenoid/slave unit on the AC that moves the door position. According to manual, need to hook up a code reader to see which it is...Not sure which reader to get, as the instrument panel intergration module is the one I need to interface with in order to get the code. Should start with a B10_ _...I was thinking with my luck it would be item #3 since one has to remove the island,knee panel, glove box and dash to acces it for replacement. The dash one is easy...already have the trim pulled and had it out once to check it out..nothing servicable about it...all three dials ( fan speed, air temp, and vent selector) are in one unit. Any one know which code reader would be best.

Hey, what did you find out about your problem?? I'm a new-b here, and joined because of basically that issue. When I turn the air position selector switch I can hear a motor grinding like its trying to get air out the dash vents, but it just can't. Is that a AC/Heat Control unit problem or something else??

Quote Originally Posted by Irving10 View Post
    Hey, what did you find out about your problem?? I'm a new-b here, and joined because of basically that issue. When I turn the air position selector switch I can hear a motor grinding like its trying to get air out the dash vents, but it just can't. Is that a AC/Heat Control unit problem or something else??
    If there is no cold air blowing out check the belt going to the condencer my truck has two belts i didnt know that till i tried to turn my a/c on and only hot air came blowing out.
    2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    - 4x4
    - Tow Package
    - Custom Red Light on Dash

1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
    - 2x4
    - Custom Fender Damage

:great: