GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seat swap?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neverenough View Post
    Check your old seats for airbag sensors. I know GM has changed them over the years. If you don't hook them up, or the sensors are incorrect, the ecm will set a body code in OBDII. We refitted a work truck a few years ago and this problem. Just my .02, Good luck with the upgrade!
    it doesnt matter, hes putting new truck seat into an old truck, hes gonna lose hit power options.

Also i would suggest you get the non powered seats, because that way you can just adjust the seat front and back with just pulling on the handle. Because if your powered there is no way your going to adjust your seat unless you always pull it out and adjust on some other truck.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

well couldnt i just get the conectors to the new truck cuzz i have power seats right now then just try and make it work that way or would that not work at all

Blog Entries

You can try rewiring, i havent seen it done.

im still pretty sure you cant, unless you run it to a new power source where theyre independent.

hmm well i think that might be more work then its worth but im going to look into it
    maby if i got my old seats recoverd

Default seats

thats what i did was run a new circuit for the seats and wired the consloe with some cell jacks and a light for the front and rear leg area just ran an inline fuse wasnt that big a deal but recovering your seats yoo get what you want that way i had them repad and sculped the sides so it craddled they can do some trick stuff i embroidered my old ladys name and mine in the leather back brace turned out good till we split up and the threads just pulled out ha sorry for buttin in guys
    TM4HAMMER1 !!
    96 SUBURBAN LS 7.4 L
    BIGBLACKBURB!!
    :slap:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12