GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what kinda amp?

Exclamation what kinda amp?

after all i ended up getting to 12" kicker cvt shallow mount subs. there single voice coil and 4 ohm. but im kinda confused on what amp i should get, a mono or 2 channel?

on the amp how it says 2 ohm, will it be runnin at 2 ohms? cause if soo it'll be too much

now on this one there all at 4 ohms, with is what i want. cause i had a 1800 watt kenwood mono block in mind, at 4 ohms ill be pushin like 500 watts, my speakers can handle 400, so i'd have to turn it down. is that the right amp or should i go with a 2 channel? if so got one in mind? need help soon trying to get amp by thursday!

I would go with the kenwood amp not the power acoustik, it would be fine to run the subs at 2 ohm mono u won't hurt them as long as u properly set the gains and lpf etc........after all under powering speakers is the most common way to blow them not over powering
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics

so if i ran them at 2 ohm i would have to turn the amp down a lot right? cause at 4 ohms the amp puts out 500 watts at 4 ohms and 900 watts at 2 ohms

and why not use the 2 channel?

get the kicker 750.1 you won't be sorry.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...08ZX750.1.html

2005 Chevy 2500hd 4x4
    5% tint all the way aroung
    325/60/18 Toyo Open Country At's
    18in kmc xd monster series
    Dual Flowmasters
    Rough Country leveling kit

im running the kicker on 2 10s that are 4 ohm dual voice coil i like it
    06 silverado

Legend

My money goes to alpine for amps, i have one 600W V12 that I have been running my subs for 14 years now, I would like to if anyone still even has one in their house that doesnt run from that long ago let alone having one that has been pushing subs flawlessly for that many years, hell most people dont even own cars that old!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
    im running the kicker on 2 10s that are 4 ohm dual voice coil i like it
    Well that kicker amp wont do him any good becuase his subs are DVC 4 OHM and when wired in series they would be at 4 ohm and that amp sucks for power at 4 ohm because it is a 2 ohm amp and if he wired in them in parallel the subs would be at 1 ohm and that amp cannot support that, so to answer your question that kenwood will be fine and as long as its tuned right its plenty of power. I also agree with the old alpine amps but too bad anything newer is absolutely terrible from them, so i bet your old v12 is a good amp......
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Wave View Post
    Well that kicker amp wont do him any good becuase his subs are DVC 4 OHM and when wired in series they would be at 4 ohm and that amp sucks for power at 4 ohm because it is a 2 ohm amp and if he wired in them in parallel the subs would be at 1 ohm and that amp cannot support that, so to answer your question that kenwood will be fine and as long as its tuned right its plenty of power. I also agree with the old alpine amps but too bad anything newer is absolutely terrible from them, so i bet your old v12 is a good amp......
    my subs are svc, that zx750.1 wont be good if i wire them like diagram 1? so should i stick with the kenwood amp? need to kno soon, gettin it thursday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast