GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

it's $3.85 here right now
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    it's $3.85 here right now
    What state?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Usually I fill up for $3.18/gallion at the NEX. Hurts
    my wallet every time though

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    What state?
    New York. I fill up sometimes. I used to all the time but I've just been putting like 20 bucks or so in each time. I can go a while on that so I don't get gas that much

Ouch. NY is about 70 cents higher than here in TX. Of course, CA is probably even more.

Not a surprise that gas is more expensive here in NY. It's ridiculous. But some places are higher so I can't complain. Washington state is $4.05+.

If I head down to New Jersey I can pay around $3.35 at this time. I went there a couple weeks ago and payed that. I get all excited when I see a cheaper place.
    It just makes no sense why its a whole 50 cents more here.

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    New York. I fill up sometimes. I used to all the time but I've just been putting like 20 bucks or so in each time. I can go a while on that so I don't get gas that much
    I never understood putting only $5-$10-$20 worth of gas in. You are going to use it anyway and chances are that the prices are just going to increase. I worked with a guy that would stop on his way into work every morning and put $5 in his tank. One morning I asked him why he does that, isn't his time worth more? He thought about it for a second, said "wow, I never thought about it that way". After that he would just fill up once a week and be done with it and he was no longer late every morning.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

8. Likes McClintoc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I never understood putting only $5-$10-$20 worth of gas in. You are going to use it anyway and chances are that the prices are just going to increase. I worked with a guy that would stop on his way into work every morning and put $5 in his tank. One morning I asked him why he does that, isn't his time worth more? He thought about it for a second, said "wow, I never thought about it that way". After that he would just fill up once a week and be done with it and he was no longer late every morning.
    I do that, not everyday, but I usually can't afford to fill up OR the stations closest to my house are more expensive than ones I know I'll be passing later on.

- - - Updated - - -

When I saw the first post on this thread, I thought someone was bragging about finding a low price on gas, and then I realized it was from 2005 when it started to increase "because of Katrina". Oh to complain about paying more than $2 a gallon again....just paid 4.15 here in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    After that he would just fill up once a week and be done with it and he was no longer late every morning.
    Haha, that's funny right there!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Haha, that's funny right there!
    Yea, he would always say that he could not afford more. I said that if he is putting $5 in 7 days a week then why not just put $35 in all at once. He looked at me and said, "Then I would not spend my gas money on other stuff, that's a good idea". I never said that the guy was bright.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast