GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

really old thread but i just had to comment. It's amazing seeing people say that 2 bucks is expensive for gas. Who ever thought it would be twice that amount now..sadly i have never experienced the "expensive" but actually cheap gas cause i wasn't driving yet. If i saw a gas station that cheap right now i would get all the gas i could while i was there.

Here's a story..

Last year a gas station in my town made a mistake and the gas was priced at i believe only like a dollar. My dad came home in the early morning when he left for work and told me to hurry up and go fill up. I jumped out of bed, ran to my truck in my pajamas and my hair standing on top of my head and tried to get there as fast as i could. Half way there and my dad calls..he was the last vehicle that got the price before they changed it back. Man was i pissed.
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

2. Likes Steve liked this post

Wow. What a difference in just under 8 years. I'll bet that between 1955 and 1963 they didn't see had prices go up like they have for us.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I filled up yesterday for $3.11/gallon. Cheapest I have seen all year.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I filled my wife's van yesterday at $3.23. But, I had .30 off per gallon using my parents Kroger card. (they shop there but have no kroger station near them) So, I filled it up for $2.93 per gallon.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You all are lucky!! I live in CT gas is normally above 3.75 no matter what, right now its around 3.90

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It is crazy the price difference between states. I was on the phone with another member here and I drove passed a station and exclaimed, "Holy Crap, Gas is $4.50 now". He just started laughing and said that he was only paying around $3.70 a gallon at his location.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I filled my wife's van yesterday at $3.23. But, I had .30 off per gallon using my parents Kroger card. (they shop there but have no kroger station near them) So, I filled it up for $2.93 per gallon.
    I had this exact same scenario happen to me a couple months ago. Gas was in the $3.20s, got 30 cents at Kroger and paid in the $2.90s. Was pretty sweet. I get all my gas (and gorceries) at Kroger for that very reason. As for my previous post, the $3.11 was the cheapest "sticker price" I have see all year. I have filled up for much less than that but only with huge discounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    It is crazy the price difference between states. I was on the phone with another member here and I drove passed a station and exclaimed, "Holy Crap, Gas is $4.50 now". He just started laughing and said that he was only paying around $3.70 a gallon at his location.
    This is something I never understood either. It's all the same product and comes from the same place but the price varies WILDY from station to station. I know each state has different ammounts of taxes they put on gas so prices vary from state to state but what I don't get are how two stations across the street from each other have different prices and why does the price vay from day to day? Nothing else we buy has a price that volatile - only gas.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

This is why I ride a motorcycle
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I had this exact same scenario happen to me a couple months ago. Gas was in the $3.20s, got 30 cents at Kroger and paid in the $2.90s. Was pretty sweet. I get all my gas (and gorceries) at Kroger for that very reason. As for my previous post, the $3.11 was the cheapest "sticker price" I have see all year. I have filled up for much less than that but only with huge discounts.
    It is funny, I don't shop at Kroger. They are actually the closest store to my home. The issue is that the store remodeled last year and their prices skyrocketed. An example, I needed ground mustard. I had an old container from kroger that I bought during the remodel. The price tag said $3.99. I went to get a new one and it was $5.99. While the meijer has it for $3.99. So, I only run in there if I really need something fast. I will just continue to benefit from my parents shopping there!

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

i payed 3.27 last week and I was happy to get it.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast